Upcoming WE

I thought it would be nice to have a place to discuss upcoming models from WE/CIVIVI. I can’t say that I have anything to contribute to what they have coming out at this point, but would love to see and chat about what is to come! Hopefully those in the know will share what they can, when they can.

For me this topic is hard to participate because of marketing reasons. But what i can share i will share with you.

I believe it was mentioned not too long ago that WE was working on some other cool locking/opening mechanism besides the Double Helix. Is this still true Henkh??

I believe it was mentioned not too long ago that WE was working on some other cool locking/opening mechanism besides the Double Helix. Is this still true Henkh??
This is still true :) One is still in development and will be revolutionary. So be patient. Another one based on a very classic type of lock and i got the proto in for 2 months now. We expect this design to announce next year.

Looking forward to seeing more from WE with different locking mechanisms. That Double Helix was very interesting.

Here's an upcoming model that was acquired at Blade Show in June. My largest WE knife, but also the best slicer. Took a little getting used to the thumb stud since the detent is very strong. Super comfortable in hand.

ARItQxn.jpg

^ I like it. How "largest" is large?

Ray

Admittedly, WE makes larger knives than this. It's more the handle that makes it larger than I usually consider for a folder. Much taller and a bit longer than my 615 and 703, and much more so than my 704. Blade is 3.75" and handle is just slightly over 5". Feels very hand-filling like the 703 just with no curve on the sides. Here's a picture I posted in another thread comparing it with a couple other knives:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...chinese-company.1393702/page-45#post-18322935

Well - it is a true beauty. I wouldn't hesitate if the dimensions were an 1" less OA. It is a great looking knife with lots of specifics going for it but at this size I'd hate to buy - untried. I wish there was a WE store nearby :(

Any idea when these might be available?

Ray

Sneak preview
=========

Some are showed during Bladeshow West. Some are never showed before and that's why I only give a little piece. None of these are scheduled for production yet and it is not certain if and when.

Timascus pen proto

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-27 at 12.47.24.jpeg

Small integral
WhatsApp Image 2018-10-27 at 12.47.56.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-10-27 at 12.47.34.jpeg

Large framelock with special construction

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-27 at 12.48.05.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-10-27 at 12.47.46.jpeg

Set of fixed and folding knife.
WhatsApp Image 2018-10-27 at 12.48.35.jpeg

Fullsized Slipjoint
WhatsApp Image 2018-10-27 at 12.48.46.jpeg

Windows lock
WhatsApp Image 2018-10-27 at 12.48.55.jpeg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-10-27 at 12.48.55.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-10-27 at 12.48.55.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 9
I think I need that small integral.

And the slipjoint.

And I am quite curious about the window lock and the special construction knife.

Thanks for the great sneak preview Henk!

Must....learn....more about windows lock
It is the Spanish Windows lock. The snippet i posted is from a big sturdy Spanish influenced folder with this type of lock. A beast of a knife but personally i think very elegant as well.

I think I need that small integral.

And the slipjoint.

And I am quite curious about the window lock and the special construction knife.

Thanks for the great sneak preview Henk!
The integral is a very beautiful little folder. It will fit in the pocket of a vest. But because of being an integral, very capable as well.
The slipjoint is very elegant and lightweight. Together with the desginer i am looking for maybe one variant with handmade Micarta by the designer himself.
The Window lock folder is recognisable for the Spanish influences. Big, sturdy but elegant as well.

It is the Spanish Windows lock. The snippet i posted is from a big sturdy Spanish influenced folder with this type of lock. A beast of a knife but personally i think very elegant as well.
This is for me. For sure.

Window lock as shown above is a pretty crude example. I understand that it may just be a prototype and that the finished product will be the fit and finish that WE knives have come to exemplify. Would love to see the lock release. Not likely to be a palanquilla. :rolleyes: Keep on innovating WE - keeps us guessing and wanting more. :thumbsup:

Ray

Back