1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Upcoming WE

Discussion in 'We Knife' started by Ryan Thompson, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Mrgauth

Mrgauth Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2016
    Day one buy when those hit the market. Thx!

2. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Titanium anodizing is fairly simple. Pretty sure mine will change colors a few times. Some of my Massdrop/WE knives have changed skin color a dozen times. But since just about every Ti knife I own now is some funky color, I'm actually going to enjoy the "plain 'ole gray" for a while. But will admit that gold tone is a really great fit for this knife.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

henkh and Rick like this.
  3. henkh

henkh Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2015
    New releases now available for our dealers to order.

#901 Deacon, #902 Gentry slipjoint & new line WE Ktichen Lifestyle the first is a Gyuko Chef's knife.
    Deacon group 640x850.jpg gentry group 640x850.jpg gyuto group 640x850.jpg

Gary W. Graley likes this.
  4. SpySmasher

SpySmasher Lead Guitar Platinum Member

Sep 1, 2016
    henkh likes this.
  5. henkh

May 13, 2015
    Knife Name: Deacon Item #:901 Overall Length:7.35”(187mm) Blade Length:3.25”(83mm) Blade Thickness:0.16”(4mm) Blade Material: Bohler M390 Blade Hardness: HRC59-61 Blade Grind: Flat Handle Length:4.1”(104mm) Handle Overall Thickness:0.53”(13.5mm) Handle Material: 6AL4V Titanium with Carbon Fiber Inlay Clip Material: 6AL4V Titanium Back Spacer Material: 6AL4V Titanium Screws Material: 6AL4V Titanium Pivot Cap: 6AL4V Titanium Washers Material: Ceramic Ball Bearing Weight: 77g / 2.7oz Lock Type: Frame Lock Designed By WE KNIFE TEAM

Knife Name: Gentry Item #:902 Overall Length:7.8”(198mm) Blade Length:3.45”(88mm) Blade Thickness:0.10”(2.5mm) Blade Material: CPM S35VN Blade Hardness: HRC59-61 Blade Grind: Flat Handle Length:4.35”(110mm) Handle Overall Thickness:0.47”(12mm) Handle Material: 6AL4V Titanium with Carbon Fiber Inlay Back Spacer Material:Stainless steel Screws Material: 6AL4V Titanium Pivot Cap: 6AL4V Titanium Weight: 55g /1.9oz Lock type: Slip Joint Designed By WE KNIFE TEAM

Knife Series: WE Kitchen Life styles---Gyuto Item #:WK01 Overall Length:15”(380mm) Blade Length:9.25”(235mm) Blade Thickness:0.09”(2.4mm) Blade Material: 67 layers Damascus Blade Hardness: HRC59-61 Blade Grind: Flat Handle Length:5.75”(145mm) Handle Overall Thickness:0.87”(22mm) Handle Material: Wood Weight: 245g / 8.6oz Designed By WE KNIFE TEAM

Alsharif and SpySmasher like this.
  6. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    That's cool you'll be making kitchen cutlery.
    Gentry - slip joint fans will like the thin blade stock. Great design too. Not sure about the recurve though.

Alsharif likes this.
  7. DrRollinstein

DrRollinstein Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    Does the kitchen knife come with a sheath of some kind?

8. marchone

marchone Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2013
    I am curious as to why would you need a sheath for a kitchen knife? They aren’t usually carried.

9. DrRollinstein

Feb 20, 2018
    I mean i'd prefer to not have it laying around the kitchen.

10. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    I'm not DrRollin, but when buying a kitchen knife individually, it may not have a spot in a current block. Tossing a nice knife in a drawer without a protective cover is not a great idea. Whether you call it a sheath (not necessarily for carry), or a slip cover, or protective sleeve, etc.... Appreciated nonetheless. And possibly expected at certain price levels. Heck, even Kershaw provides a fairly nice plastic slip with their low end kitchen knives when purchased individually.

Alsharif, marchone and DrRollinstein like this.
  11. DrRollinstein

Feb 20, 2018
    Exactly. I wasnt talking like a belt sheath or anything lol, sorry for that confusion. Just something to hold the knife.

Alsharif likes this.
  12. marchone

marchone Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2013
    I see. It’s for storage. Plastic edge protectors are widely available.

13. DrRollinstein

Feb 20, 2018
    True, but any knife like this should probably come with one without having to go out of my way to buy it separately.

Alsharif likes this.
  14. henkh

May 13, 2015
    The kitchen knives are delivered with a very nice presentation box.

bflying, DrRollinstein and SpySmasher like this.
  15. Alsharif

Alsharif Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2018
    That’s doesn’t sound convenient for storing the knife in the kitchen.

16. henkh

May 13, 2015
    Well that depends of course. In my kitchen I have a wooden block with cutouts for knives. All original knives are replaced with knives I really like and use.

AF likes this.
  17. Landshark99

Landshark99 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 19, 2007
    While there are no WE knives in this image I had this block custom made for my some of my Japanese kitchen knives
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Ad58

Ad58

May 23, 2005
    I like the Isham Arrakis a lot. It is only a pity that the version with the blue handle has a black blade. A stonewash finish which matches the grey titanium in the handle would bring this knife optical more in balance.

Also a pity that there are no carbon versions....

henkh likes this.
  19. Ryan Thompson

Ryan Thompson Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 27, 2016
    I like the Arrakis a lot as well. It reminds me of the Eschaton but fixes the things that kept me from buying that one, primarily the cutting edge of that knife. I think this one will be a winner.

henkh and Alsharif like this.
  20. Ryan Thompson

Ryan Thompson Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 27, 2016
    I am also really excited to see WE release the Bishop. The traditional blade shape with good belly to it is going to make a fabulous user. More than likely I will pick up one of these as well.

6987F1D5-2EC5-4830-B4F5-6C21465941F8.jpeg

henkh likes this.