1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Upcoming WE

Discussion in 'We Knife' started by Ryan Thompson, Oct 17, 2018.

1. DrRollinstein

DrRollinstein Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    The Arrakis is pretty high on my list. Just have to save up a bit for the huge price tag. Definitely feels like a less gimmicky Eschaton.

henkh and Alsharif like this.
  2. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    henkh and Gary W. Graley like this.
  3. `br4dz-

`br4dz- Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2016
    What coloration were you looking at? I originally bought the DLC blade with gold/plain ti, but I have the blue/bronze on the way since I wasn't big on that coloration in hand.

henkh likes this.
  4. DrRollinstein

Feb 20, 2018
    I broke and went with the Gray/Gold combo. Should be here monday. Im pretty hyped for it honestly, seems like a more practical eshaton. Though that price still hurts.

henkh likes this.
  5. Dogdrawz

Dogdrawz Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2016
    That Pleroma though. Work of art. Don't think I could bring myself to actually use it to cut with.

henkh likes this.
  6. `br4dz-

`br4dz- Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2016
    I definitely like mine more than the eschaton, as far as practicality goes. Eschaton still has a place in my heart as a funky unique show off piece that I'll probably never get rid of. It's a bit more average sized too.

henkh and bflying like this.
  7. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    My grey Pleroma will be Gold/Champagne at some point in the near future. For some reason, I just see that combination as "THE" natural color scheme for that model.

Does anyone know how the thumb studs are attached? Compression, screwed, or glued? I really would like to strip for my anodizing project, but a bit apprehensive. One of the liner Lockhart screws has already been stripped from the factory. The other two look fine, but one is Torx stripped, and heavily locktited (seen from top and bottom).

I feel similar about my Eschaton. No matter the odd edge geometry, that knife still simply impresses me everytime I pick the thing up. Still carry it often also. And in my jungle performing heavy Bushcraft, the Eschaton actually excels at ..... Opening mail. ;)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    henkh likes this.
  8. DrRollinstein

Feb 20, 2018
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I dont want to use the term "My favorite WE", but i also do.

henkh likes this.
  9. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Well crap. Now I really REALLY want one.

henkh likes this.
  10. DrRollinstein

Feb 20, 2018
    Yeah i now own two WE integral knives, and i've been supremely impressed with both. Makes me want integrals from other companies now.

henkh likes this.
  11. Ad58

Ad58

May 23, 2005
    It's a beauty!

12. HEMI 49

HEMI 49 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2018

That is a beautiful knife.... How is the flipping action?..... Does the knife feel solid or slightly springy?

13. DrRollinstein

Feb 20, 2018
    Solid as hell. Titanium with titanium scales. And the flipping action is one par with my ZT 0470, which is insanely smooth.

14. HEMI 49

HEMI 49 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2018
    Thanks Doc....… I'm putting an Arakkis on my shopping list...…. Thank you for your input...

henkh likes this.
  15. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    G2

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  16. keeptrying56

keeptrying56

Jan 24, 2019
    Wow!

17. henkh

henkh Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2015
    Our news website is updated with some spectacular upcoming designs. Our newsletter is sent out also. The first orders to our dealers will be shipped from April 10th.

WE Knife:
    • Syncro, a big integral
    • Malice, a FF design
    • 037, a big one with a very special frame construction
    • Left hand version of the Chimera

Civivi:
    • Naja DS, with Damascus blade
    • Plethiros, another Isham design

More info: https://www.weknife-news.com/

F1Lz0r and AF like this.
  18. highly_toxic

highly_toxic

Jul 9, 2018
    @henkh Is the Naja DS using damasteel?

19. thecigarguy

thecigarguy Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Dang Syncro and 037 are sick! Can you share a spine pic of the Syncro?

henkh likes this.
  20. henkh

henkh Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2015
    Nope only a Damasteel blade would cost more then the Naja. See below. It is Chinese Damascus. Regarding edge retention comparable with well heat threated 440C.

AF likes this.