Attention UPDATED EXCHANGE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, if I'm understanding the rules correctly, the seller doesn't have to buy insurance, just that it's his, not the buyer's responsibility. I might decide not to buy insurance, knowing that if the knife is lost en-route, I'll have to refund the money. It might make sense to me to take that risk and "self-insure" if I'm selling a few inexpensive knives.

That's my read on it as well. I agree, I would definitely self-insure on smaller items. And while I've never had a problem collecting on any USPS insurance claim, there's enough folks out there having problems that I'm considering 3rd-party insurance in the future for more expensive items.

Also, if I'm understanding the rules correctly, the seller doesn't have to buy insurance, just that it's his, not the buyer's responsibility. I might decide not to buy insurance, knowing that if the knife is lost en-route, I'll have to refund the money. It might make sense to me to take that risk and "self-insure" if I'm selling a few inexpensive knives.
That's my read on it as well. I agree, I would definitely self-insure on smaller items. And while I've never had a problem collecting on any USPS insurance claim, there's enough folks out there having problems that I'm considering 3rd-party insurance in the future for more expensive items.
That would be correct.

How about no out of thread deals!

I've literally received a fraction of positive feedback for years of transitions.

I actually don't know what the benefits are to PMing transactions!

I felt like an asshole for backing out of a transaction due to PM's.

How about no hidden transactions!

I've never had a problem with math for "net to me"

Pictures. Learn to post fucking pics!

The forum rules say post pics. It doesn't say post links! Especially links to old threads!

Learn to post pics or have your thread deleted

Picture links have spam banners!

I'm at a loss to understand how Bladeforums supports or condones spam and spam banners from image sites. While condemning the slightest mention of non-paying knife suppliers!

I've had my browser freeze/crash clicking on links to image hosts from bladeforums.com!

Tell my why I'm exposing my PC to spam from off bladeforums sites?

How about no out of thread deals!

I've literally received a fraction of positive feedback for years of transitions.

I actually don't know what the benefits are to PMing transactions!

I felt like an asshole for backing out of a transaction due to PM's.

How about no hidden transactions!

I've never had a problem with math for "net to me"

How are other peoples private transactions any of your business?

Most here have received fewer feedback than positive transactions we've completed. Welcome to the club!

The only real problem I've had with "net to me" is that many of the people that say it, don't actually know what it means.

I've had my browser freeze/crash clicking on links to image hosts from bladeforums.com!

Tell my why I'm exposing my PC to spam from off bladeforums sites?

Your exposing your PC because you are clicking the links. Don't and your problem is solved.

For some people, it's easier to host on a site and then post. It also allows everyone here to post pictures and not just paying members.

Your exposing your PC because you are clicking the links. Don't and your problem is solved.

For some people, it's easier to host on a site and then post. It also allows everyone here to post pictures and not just paying members.

At least 30% of all exchange posts use off site links. Bladeforums should be accountable for all spam linked to their threads!

Your assertion that it's the viewers responsibility is rediculous.

At least 30% of all exchange posts use off site links. Bladeforums should be accountable for all spam linked to their threads!

Why not start a separate thread for all your gripes rather than derailing this very positive thread?

You know that photobucket and the others gunk up the works and continue to click the links anyways? And that is BF's fault?

Your assertion that people are not responsible for their own actions is ridiculous.

That's the point genius.

And what is your solution? This is not a new phenomenon that grew out of the new feedback system that requires a post in a thread.

Exchange rules are *post pictures" not links.

How does that equate rediculous?

I posted my solution. Delete posts that links to picture hosts with spam.

This thread is about exchange issues.

However only issues that anoy mods. This thread is as useless as every back patting post associated.

This thread is about exchange issues.

However only issues that anoy mods. This thread is as useless as every back patting post associated.

No, the title and the OP are clearly about updates and changes pertaining to the Exchange rules; that much is very clearly stated. Others including you are the ones raising the other issues which you all think should be reviewed, addressed, regulated or whatever else which leads to diversions from the topic.

Pointing out that this thread is self Congratulatory blah blah is not derailing anything. It is literally first amendment oppositional discourse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back