Attention UPDATED EXCHANGE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you mods are trying to protect your self important points of view.
Why not lock this thread and silence logical discourse?
No reason to lock this thread but enough reasons to ban YOU from replying any further... at least that's my point of view ;)

I suggested earlier that if are having issues to start another thread, my suggestion still stands.

What? Have you ever even bought/sold in the Exchange? Why wouldn't all transactions occur in the thread?

I have. Like I said, offers aren't supposed to be posted in a thread, so that's one way it may happen. Or someone may say they'll take it in conversation after messaging a question. Whatever the reason, all one has to do is post a followup in the thread to enable feedback in the software if they wanna leave it.

All you mods are trying to protect your self important points of view.

Why not lock this thread and silence logical discourse?

Was just trying to give you an example of why the thing you're complaining about might occur, and an easy solution. I don't really have any "self important views" on whether people leave feedback for each other.

Because only one person seems to wanna make a ruckus over it?

I’m glad sellers can no longer charge more than PayPals set fees!
There's nothing in the updated rule concerning that.

Sellers can charge whatever they want to charge, they just have to list a total sale price now.

Boru13 Boru13 - two questions:

(1) Is "total sales price" meant to include shipping?

(2) Is it fine to post different total sales prices? e.g., $100 for G&S shipped 1st class in the US, $95 for F&F, $105 for Priority, $120 if shipped to Switzerland, etc. -- Obviously people aren't likely going to post more than 2 of these prices in a single thread, but just to get the idea across.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is... how do you feel about these examples:
  • $103 PP G&S, $100 PP F&F
  • $105 PP G&S, $100 PP F&F
  • $105 PP G&S. Price includes USPS standard shipping. Add $4 for priority shipping.
  • $105 PP G&S. Price includes USPS standard shipping. International buyers pay extra shipping costs.
(and thanks for re-railing this thread)

(2) Is it fine to post different total sales prices? e.g., $100 for G&S shipped 1st class in the US, $95 for F&F, $105 for Priority, $120 if shipped to Switzerland, etc. -- Obviously people aren't likely going to post more than 2 of these prices in a single thread, but just to get the idea across.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is... how do you feel about these examples:
  • $105 PP G&S. Price includes USPS standard shipping. Add $4 for priority shipping.
  • $105 PP G&S. Price includes USPS standard shipping. International buyers pay extra shipping costs.
I think you had better read the rule again.

craytab craytab - what am I missing?

The new "total selling price" isn't specific as to whether that includes shipping or not. Shipping costs can be substantial for internationally shipped packages.

F&F is "strongly discouraged" but not outright disallowed.

My read of the new rules is that there has been an attempt to disallow/clarify what all that "net to me" language was implying. Is "net" net of shipping costs, net of PP fees, net of (as someone else pointed out) gas money to get to the post office? But I'm now trying to make sure I/we understand what "total" implies.

Maybe all of this just falls under rule 7: "Be specific with all details of payment."

The new "total selling price" isn't specific as to whether that includes shipping or not. Shipping costs can be substantial for internationally shipped packages.

My read of the new rules is that there has been an attempt to disallow/clarify what all that "net to me" language was implying. Is "net" net of shipping costs, net of PP fees, net of (as someone else pointed out) gas money to get to the post office? But I'm now trying to make sure I/we understand what "total" implies.

Maybe all of this just falls under rule 7: "Be specific with all details of payment."

I would say yes, that the price should include shipping, insurance, PP fees etc. at least to US or your domicile country. International buyers and sellers generally understand that it's going to cost more to get it there. If you're open to international sales, state the price is to the US and that they should inquiry for shipping to their country.

That was, IMO, one of the problems with net to me. It was commonly used incorrectly to only mean PP fees for some reason. The new rule is an attempt to cut out the ambiguity and honestly, the stupidity of some of the sales language.

Are these REAL examples as to how you might set up pricing in your sale threads? +/- $ 3 or $ 4.00??? :confused:

Man if you are playing the margins that close why even bother? YES, YES, I can understand asking someone to PM or email to you in order to discuss international shipping costs which should be extra as there are so many variables, otherwise why clutter up your sale thread with nickel & dimeing? o_O

Just set the price that you need (or want) all inclusive and if you are feeling unsure, ask people to PM or email with OFFERS. Easy and straight forward. Just sayin'.

Ray

Read the first post. Also, I already asked about international shipping on the first page or two.

I get what you are saying though. Maybe it should be clarified in the actual rule. Boru13 Boru13

I would say yes, that the price should include shipping, insurance, PP fees etc. at least to US or your domicile country. International buyers and sellers generally understand that it's going to cost more to get it there. If you're open to international sales, state the price is to the US and that they should inquiry for shipping to their country.

That was, IMO, one of the problems with net to me. It was commonly used incorrectly to only mean PP fees for some reason. The new rule is an attempt to cut out the ambiguity and honestly, the stupidity of some of the sales language.

Read all 11 pages to see if international shipping was addressed only to find it 2 posts from the end :)
not playing the lotto tonight.

I agree with your take on the shipping-seems like the only common sense answer I can think of

dyavorsky dyavorsky
To answer your questions, my interpretation of "total sales price" should include shipping... obviously "international" is different, depending on country, method of shipping, etc., but for domestic sales it shouldn't be to hard to figure out or at the very least get within a few dollars.

As far as your examples, I won't comment on the first two ;), the bottom two I have no problem with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back