Off Topic VG10 worship needs to stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, ok

View attachment 2301647

The Spyderco endura has seen more use than probably most of the knives I own combined. It actually sat outside in the rain overnight once never a speck of corrosion always sharp minimal maintenance. I don't get what your problem is with it.

I wish more makers would use it.
That knife is clearly a VB-10, so please make your own thread. 😇

npUxIVo.jpg

You will worship.

BTW - I don't worship VG-10, but I think it is a good choice for an EDC steel. Holds an edge well enough, isn't TOO hard to sharpen, is stainless enough and is pretty affordable. Go up in hardness and you're dealing with other disadvantages, like being barely stain resistant and brittle or not as tough. Go up in toughness and it won't hold an edge.

It's a Goldilocks Steel.

One of my first quality knives was a police I carried daily for almost a decade. One of the last knives I picked up used here was a stainless handled delica. Is it my favorite steel? Nope, but it's worth keeping around and it has been consistent for decades. Worship what you want. Most of us could get through life spending less than $100 on a SAK and mora of your choosing.

IMG_6126.jpeg
This was/is the sharpest knife I have ever bought new that I can recall !! Promptly after unboxing it I sliced my thumb open. 😂
I was actually kinda scared of it!! 😊
That was more than a few years ago if I remember right. 🤔
John 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back