victorinox - swissbianco color alox soldier

Good news, I think due my limited funs I will wait other colored models, green especially. Soldier alox is my the fave knife ever!

Hey Roger, Norm here. Orange, purple, olive green would be great! I want one.

red will be first.

latest news on the 1961 soldier sak, the manufacturing of the swiss cross alox scales is stopped. there is an updated new 1961 soldier sak with the same features but the victorinox logo scales, i work on get the details and these scales we will ues in create the color soldiers 2011.

sidenote, the wenger soldier sak is gone too, for a certain reason.

I know the date-stamped SI was discoed at the same time as the previous Vic Soldier, but the plain-bladed ones too?

i will post as i can. theres some non public jet details and we try to make the best out of it and let the soldier 1961 alox sak not pass away!

A question about the anodized alox -sorry, but I'm unfamiliar with the process - is the color a surface-only application that would eventually wear through or show silver metal scratches or does it run all the way through the material? Thanks to anyone who can give me an answer on this one.

It is a suface-only coating of varying hardness.

A question about the anodized alox -sorry, but I'm unfamiliar with the process - is the color a surface-only application that would eventually wear through or show silver metal scratches or does it run all the way through the material? Thanks to anyone who can give me an answer on this one.

Anodizing is a surface treatment. Raw aluminum forms an oxide layer that protects the underlying metal from corrosion. When you annodize aluminum chemicals and electricity are used to form a much thicker oxide layer that can also be colored. There are three types of anodizing for aluminum, type I, II and III. Type I scratches pretty easily and is mostly just decorative, cheap carabiners and dog tags are type I. Type II is fairly durable and is used on things like bike and car parts and knife handles. It will scratch eventually if it rubs on other metal things or abrasive stuff. Type III is also known as hard coat or hard anodizing and is very durable. Surefire lights and many knife handles are tupe III coated. I think the +B Soldiers will be hard anodized.
Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info - the easy availability of friendly, knowledgable advice and experience is why I come to bladeforums. Thanks again, everyone.

here is a first pic of the new 2011 alox soldier version:

Soldier_Vic_Shield.jpg

this sak is currently not avaliable in usa. it will be featured in my next newsletter

+B

here is a first pic of the new 2011 alox soldier version:

Soldier_Vic_Shield.jpg

this sak is currently not avaliable in usa. it will be featured in my next newsletter

+B

Being a hard-core fan of the original Soldier (well, not original, but 2000 time frame), it is somewhat disappointing to see the Soldier reduced to simply a Pioneer without the split-ring. :(

But that won't keep me from getting one.... :D

I'm late to the game, but I was going to also suggest "foliage" as a possible color for the new Soldier. Or perhaps coyote brown.

This is the model that I keep at least 4-5 of in reserve (for me) and hand out to nephews, "knifeless buddies," and the like. I'd love to see something in addition to all the silver ones I have. I think my top choices would be Orange, Black, Red, and Blue... I would probably "have to" have at least 1 of each. :)

look we can be happy that this classic sak is still be made. its not eaven imported to usa anymore, except the few i do.

this is an updated classic, the old swiss cross logo scales where replaced by victorinox logo ones, rest is the same.

first spl run will be red color. we start with that soon. the silver one as shown is currently in the +B newsletter http://www.inmentis.com/SwissBianco/SwissBianco_NL_2011_1.htm

look we can be happy that this classic sak is still be made. its not eaven imported to usa anymore, except the few i do.

this is an updated classic, the old swiss cross logo scales where replaced by victorinox logo ones, rest is the same.

first spl run will be red color. we start with that soon. the silver one as shown is currently in the +B newsletter http://www.inmentis.com/SwissBianco/SwissBianco_NL_2011_1.htm

I know, I know, and I AM thankful that you are still importing them. I also hope to get hold of one, but I can't this month. I'm going to keep and eye on them, though, because I do want MOAR!

I just saw on facebook that the soldier was not going to be made anymore. Does that mean that our run of red alox soldiers won't happen? :(

no, the 1961 soldier is no longer made. the 2011 soldier is a spl limited edition who is currently be made in ibach for swissbianco only. i will update.

Back