1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Victorinox wish list (or I wish they made this)

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by samforce, Mar 30, 2017.

1. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb

Jun 6, 2017
    Do you tend to lose your SAKs in the dark?

2. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    I would like to see a curved jaw flush cutting cuticle nipper. This is one of my most used blades. Even the big guy doesn't have one. IMG_2414.jpg IMG_5.jpg

3. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    I'm still wondering how he plans to make aluminum glow.

Stelth likes this.
  4. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb

Jun 6, 2017
    A glow insert shield that pops out and gets lost until it is dark enough to find it :p

5. mg357

mg357

May 31, 2012
    PirateSeulb: no i don't do that but i like the look and the feel of the Alox handle material also Victorinox does not make glow in the dark alox handles and i think that they should.

6. Stelth

Stelth

Jul 15, 2007
    I want 111mm sized alox. A cadet with scissors or an awl instead of the useless nail file would be a second choice.

7. mbp

mbp Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Lots of good suggestions here. Somebody mentioned it upgrading the blade steel. Since we're wishing, here's what I'd ask from my genie...

93mm alox frame. Large main blade (upgraded to M390 steel) with awl. Cap lifter/driver and electrician's blade side by side, inline Phillips on the other side.

Pomsbz likes this.
  8. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    I'm still curious as to how they are supposed to make aluminum glow in the dark.

Stelth likes this.
  9. NelsonIII

NelsonIII Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Alox Rambler...why they haven't is beyond me. Factory, not custom.

10. Skidoosh

Skidoosh Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 21, 2016
    I'm with you on the alox rambler. It's my favorite model but I can't find an alox for under $100

11. pfranze78

pfranze78

Aug 31, 2016
    My wish list contains a Rescue Tool, but I find it too expensive for a tool that only stays in the car. I already have life hammers plus a well used Huntsman in the car.

Besides that I whish they would make a one layer Alox model with only knife and scissors, because those I use the most. I have a Pioneer X, but I find a little bit too bulky. So a Pioneer X whith just a knife and scissors. (oh and maybe a removable belt/pocketclip)

12. Grateful

Grateful Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 5, 2002
    I wish I could buy a Compact with the corkscrew replaced with the Phillips driver and an awl in place of the hook.

Pomsbz likes this.
  13. Pomsbz

Pomsbz Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 31, 2015
    I'll second that! I've seen some customs done in exactly that way and they look great!

14. Radioactive_Man

Radioactive_Man

May 5, 2017
    A 2.75in Alox Rambler
    A 2.75in Midnight Manager
    A 3in/5oz Swisstool Spirit Mini

pyro777 likes this.
  15. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    I found myself wanting a brighter version of my GAK- found a guy on Ebay selling OHT PE with Rescue scales!! Perfect for a bang around camping/ bush beating folder for my sleeve pocket. I even get the toothpick and tweezers :) Would be even better with addition of a short sheeps feet blade but I would not want it wider that it is so I call it done.

Bill

16. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    If they made a recruit with just the main blade, cap lifter / flat blade, and one of the square shank Phillips drivers, I'd probably try one out.

17. Frailer

Frailer Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 25, 2009
    The scissors takes up a whole layer by itself, so the knife would have to be two layers. The positive side is this allows you to add an awl (or a combo tool) without adding any thickness to the knife.

I have two such knives. The blue knife in the top photo is the 2016 VSAKCS knife. The orange one in the bottom photo is a mod by the great Bob Lessard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

palonej and Pomsbz like this.
  18. pfranze78

pfranze78

Aug 31, 2016
    I realised that, bit still want one. An Aloxe with a knife, scissors, and a combo tool.

19. mnblade

mnblade

Feb 7, 2000
    How about a Victorinox magic-wand that we could use to make the goofy hook on cellidor models disappear!?

20. Stelth

Stelth

Jul 15, 2007
    What would be the most useless Vic? I think it would only have 4 tools: the aforementioned hook, the fish-scaler/hook disgorger, the magnifying glass, and the nail file.