• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

W2 round bar tool steel

Don I will take the minimum of the 3/4'' round 11'' long $5.00 shipped.I will send you a email to get it settled.thx

Thanks Toxey.

Update, 3/4'' is about gone, I have enough for a few more orders. Still have a good bit of the other sizes but it is steady going out the door.

Thanks all,

More W2 heading to Hawaii.

Hey, that curly Koa wood is good looking stuff. I just got some back from stabilizing :thumbup:

Thanks Craig!

Update, I still have some 1-1/8'', a good bit of 1-1/4'' W2 and will have 1-3/4'' in a couple weeks. Ya'll holler if ya want any :)

Thanks for all the orders guys !!!

For you guy that keep asking me for longer bars of W2 :D

12'' blade, close to 18" oal. Forged from a 4" piece of 1-1/4'' W2 round. Forged to shape except for a little grinding around the handle during the process.

Attachments

• Coop-blade2-07.jpg
    Coop-blade2-07.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 74
Nice blade,Don! Very nice forging. :thumbup: Arm-n-hammer forging kinda prevents starting with that size thou! :mad:

What are you going to do for handle material? Maple burl? ;)

Randy, you're right, a power hammer works best for these short, fat pieces.

This was going to be a fancy ivory handled dirk for a client but we both decided it was too long. He gets a smaller blade and I would like to finish this one simpler with stabilized curly Koa scales and a killer hamon :)

Back