• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

W2 round bar tool steel

Hey Don,

Since we were talking about nice handles and Super Curly Koa.... thought I would share some of my stash with you and others here who may not have seen it:eek: ..... its some pretty nice stuff.... What do you think?.... would it go nice with your W2?... maybe I could get a nice hamon and match it....:D

Craig

Hey Don, How's the supply of 3/4" W2? Hope to get some after the holidays if there's any left by then!

Hey Don, How's the supply of 3/4" W2? Hope to get some after the holidays if there's any left by then!
Only 8 shopping day left until Christmas and Don only has 3 tons of W2 left......
:D I think poor Mr. Hanson is buried in that stuff. :eek:

I have around 1000 lbs of 3/4'' at this time, it should last awhile.

Joe, I just found my wife stuck behind a large pile of W2 and I need to move a few tons to get my son out ;) :D

I have around 1000 lbs of 3/4'' at this time, it should last awhile.

Joe, I just found my wife stuck behind a large pile of W2 and I need to move a few tons to get my son out ;) :D
And you thought you were going to have all of that wide open space when you fled Tallahasse and moved to the country:D

Thanks Shawn, that was pretty quick.

Guy's, the 7/8'' is getting kind a low but still have a good bit of the other sizes.

got my 3/4" the other day. Now i have every size......except for 1 1/8. right Don?:D

Don, Send me 25 pcs of the 3/4" Shawn, I have a bunch of this stuff forged into barstocks, and a few blades forged out. I have some cool damascus ,and some 1084 & 200 nickle in a w pattern twisted it will make some killer guards & ferrules ,buttcaps.I hope to have some knives done for littlerock, I only have 2 hunters sofar.I have one order almost finished It's a fighter 7" with sambar stag.I sure wish I new how to post some pictures??

got my 3/4" the other day. Now i have every size......except for 1 1/8. right Don?:D

Well Joe, I guess you need som 1-1/8'' :D

"Don, Send me 25 pcs of the 3/4" Shawn,"

Will do Shawn, sounds like you've been busy, my wife tought me how to resize and post pics, maybe your wife knows how??? :)

Thanks guys!

Don.....what would you mix with this stuff to make damascus? would 15n20 or L6 work?

Joe, 15N20 is my choice to mix with W2, L6 is kind of weird, although a great steel. I try to stay away from steels with chromium in them :)

Wrought iron and 203E also work good with W2 in a 10 to 20% ratio (80 to 90% W2)

Hi Don,I finally got to fire up the forge and hammer on some of your W2-man that stuff is great to work with-now I know why I keep hearing "Don's magic W2":thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
forge016.jpg

Looking good Shawn, man you need some tongs :)

I will have a truck load of W2 at the BAM (Blacksmith Assosiation of Missouri) meeting January 20th in Ozark Mo at Tom McGinnis's shop, http://www.ozarkknifemakers.com/ Also helping Jody Muller with a damascus demo, if anyone's in the area, please stop by.

Jan 20 in Ozark...?

See you there, Don.

Back