• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

W2 round bar tool steel

Hi Don... all the boxes arrived safely today... Thanks again.... hmmmm.... maybe another order...:eek:

Thanks for letting me know Phillip.

Thanks Craig, glad to hear. I was worried about sending FIVE boxes to Hawaii :eek:

W2 up-date:
As of 12-8-06 I still have a good bit, around 500 lbs of 7/8'', 1200 lbs of 1-1/8'', just about sold out of 1-1/4'' but found another 2200 lbs. Will have 3/4'' round soon. My sources for W2 are drying up, so if ya'll want any, now is a good time. I have edited my first post to show quantity discount.

Thanks all,

Don, I'd be interested in a few pieces of 3/4" after the new year. Keep us posted on availability and price.

oh, man.....now you are getting 3/4 inch? sheesh........guess i will have to buy some for those future integral hunter projects......lol When are you getting ti Don? And how many years of supply have you been able to squirrel away now that you are in the steel biz?
Joe

The 3/4'' is in, I'll figure a price and post it soon.

Joe, I figure I have around 20 years worth squirreled away for me, I don't want to run out :D

Let me know, man. I have found from working with the 3/4 5160 round bar that it can be flatttened and drawn out by hand to about perfect stock size for hunters.

W2 up-date:
As of 12-8-06 I still have a good bit

Here are some pictures from Don's W2 factory a few weeks ago:

DDonssteelcompany.jpg

Z7W2stack2.jpg

I understand Don spent most of today unloading another shipment! Hope you find time to make a few knives for us soon, Don!! :rolleyes:

- Joe

Yea Joe, I need to quit messing with all this steel and get to working on knives :) I enjoyed your visit the other day.

Yea Joe, I need to quit messing with all this steel and get to working on knives :) I enjoyed your visit the other day.

You know, Don the advatage of selling steel instead of knives is that, although the profit margins are lower, you don't have to do much in the way of manual labor other than lifting, sawing and packing:D

You know, Don the advatage of selling steel instead of knives is that, although the profit margins are lower, you don't have to do much in the way of manual labor other than lifting, sawing and packing:D

You're right Joe M., but I do much better ($$$) when making knives :D

Back