Wait until you see what is happening in the Swamp!

Jackmandu can you poke around in that Swamp and see if anything is happening there?

This is why I keep missing the latest offerings; Teasers are posted...then I check the posts every day for weeks, a follow-up is never posted...then I stop checking.

I have to agree, by the time they get around to announcing what it actually is I've sort of gone cold. I could see a week or maybe TWO? It seems they may be trying to drum up interest by leaving the question hanging around longer to get people extra eager to jump but that might backfire sometimes I have to imagine.

This may have been a great idea 15 years ago but we live in the age of Amazon where people expect to be able to just buy the damn thing already without having a carrot dangled over their heads for an entirely unknown amount of time. Dan Busse's been teasing a 'Big Chunk of SR-101 at the Scrap Yard forum for like a year now...

I say all this not so much as an actual complaint or whining but mainly to present the idea that the marketing may be turning off a lot of people at this point who ultimately don't have the time or the attention span to keep up with all the teasing and foreshadowing to follow through on actually buying before they get fed up or lose interest.

I’m a huge fan of the new stonewashed finish that The Yard put on the drop point.
can we please get some more of that on some sr101 rats!

I have to agree, by the time they get around to announcing what it actually is I've sort of gone cold. I could see a week or maybe TWO? It seems they may be trying to drum up interest by leaving the question hanging around longer to get people extra eager to jump but that might backfire sometimes I have to imagine.

This may have been a great idea 15 years ago but we live in the age of Amazon where people expect to be able to just buy the damn thing already without having a carrot dangled over their heads for an entirely unknown amount of time. Dan Busse's been teasing a 'Big Chunk of SR-101 at the Scrap Yard forum for like a year now...

I say all this not so much as an actual complaint or whining but mainly to present the idea that the marketing may be turning off a lot of people at this point who ultimately don't have the time or the attention span to keep up with all the teasing and foreshadowing to follow through on actually buying before they get fed up or lose interest.
I agree. One thing that is kind of new is how fast they are getting them to us. My new SYKCO DB-421 was dinged and shipped after two weeks of ordering. So THAT is a huge improvement. I want a Big Chunk O SR101from the Yard and I am curious to see what the Swamp has to offer, but after months I hope it blows my mind, instead of leaving me "meh"

I agree with this. 1 or 2 week wait, that's fine. It gets people excited, but it also delivers. But however long it's been for this release? Or a whole year at Scrap Yard? I think it has backfired already. For me it has at least. Not a fan of this marketing strategy. A big turn off.

How about a little hint?

Is it bigger than a bread box??

I agree with this. 1 or 2 week wait, that's fine. It gets people excited, but it also delivers. But however long it's been for this release? Or a whole year at Scrap Yard? I think it has backfired already. For me it has at least. Not a fan of this marketing strategy. A big turn off.
Yes kinda annoying.

95854705-the-ground-in-dry-swamp-cracked-surrounded-by-plants-trying-to-find-water-%C2%A0temperature-heat-and-it-d.jpg

When I heard about that "Big Chunk of SR-101" I started saving.......
I had just got a 1311, and I was ready to see what could be Better? :D

Well....... I spent that money.
Probably three times already if I'm honest.
It's not that I didn't want to wait awhile....it's Just that I didn't wanna buy something Else right before it's release.

Now, idk what I want?

Back