We have lost a legend. RIP Harold "Kit" Carson

Rest in Peace Kit.
I never had the pleasure of meeting Kit face to face but did enjoy exchanging E-mails and talking to him once or twice. A great knife maker and a great man, the world spins a little slower today........

Sad day. Kind and generous man. His knives are things of beauty. RIP Mr. Carson.

Honestly speaking I haven't seen mr. Carson's work other than the CRKT models he lent his name to but I'm going to look it up right now. RIP.

A class act that will be missed.
His work with CRTK on the M16/21 knives really sticks out for me. I don't have to tell many of you how many of these series have been carried by soldiers, sailors and Marines since they came out. It seems to me that everyone had them.
Why ? Because he designed a stout, affordable, working knife that is not afraid of being used hard. He knew soldiers and their needs.

Hard to lose a good man and one so influential in our sphere, even harder to lose a friend. Best thoughts and wishes to his family and those close to him.

Kit was certainly one of the greats in the knifemaking world - approachable, talented, helpful...he always had a quick and thorough answer to any knifemaking questions I had. He also had a strong presence on the various forums for years so we all knew Kit. One could appreciate his knives both as a collector and as a fellow knifemaker. I had the good fortune of partying with both Kit and Rob at Blade for a few years when I first started making knives and also the honor of carrying a knife in Afghanistan for a number of years that he made for me (now retired to CONUS use only :)). RIP Kit.

Our condolences to his family from mine are sent from NJ.

h7B94CB11

He made a tremendous contribution to Bladeforums and to knife knuts everywhere.

Extremely sad to hear this.

I'm a big fan of all of his designs and have a few.

RIP Kit, you will be missed.

Sigh...... Jesus.

I saw this yesterday. I didn't want to believe it. The "air got very dry for a while". Words failed me. I just couldn't think of what to say.

Kit Carson was one of the first knifemakers I met on here. He was always very nice, and had a great sense of humor! He was always willing and able to dish out advice to noobs (me definitely included). Such a nice guy, and very competent. At the forefront of his field. His legacy will live on in his designs, that's for certain.

He will be sorely missed by the knife community.

Wherever you are Kit, I hope you are at peace. I'll see you on the other side man.

Deepest condolences and healing to his family and friends.

I am very sorry to hear this news. Rest in peace Kit. You will be missed. My condolences to Kit's family.

I will be carrying this one in your honor sir. Rest In Peace.

What a loss. Still can't believe it.

Back