WE Knives? Another high end Chinese company?

Knife Name: Chimera
Item #:814
Overall Length: 8.9”(226mm)

Blade Length:3.9”(99 mm)
Blade Thickness: 0.16”(4mm)
Blade Material: CPM S35VN
Blade Hardness: HRC59-61
Blade Grind: Flat

Handle Length:5”(127mm)
Handle Overall Thickness:0.53”(13.6mm)
Handle Material: 6AL4V Titanium

Clip Material: 6AL4V Titanium
Screws Material: 6AL4V Titanium
Pivot Cap: 6AL4V Titanium
Back Spacer Material:6AL4V Titanium
Washers Material: Ceramic Ball Bearing

Weight: 141.2g /4.98 oz
Lock Type: Frame Lock
Designed By WE KNIFE TEAM

Knife Name: Double Helix
Item #:815
Overall Length: 7.9”(200.7mm)

Blade Length:3.3”(83.8mm)
Blade Thickness: 0.16”(4mm)
Blade Material: CPM S35VN
Blade Hardness: HRC59-61
Blade Grind: Hollow

Handle Length:4.6”(116.9mm)
Handle Overall Thickness:0.63”(16mm)
Handle Material: 6AL4V Titanium

Clip Material: 6AL4V Titanium
Screws Material: 6AL4V Titanium
Pivot Cap: 6AL4V Titanium
Washers Material: Ceramic Ball Bearing

Weight: 129g /4.55 oz
Patented Lock Type: Slide Lock
Designed By WE KNIFE TEAM

Thank you.

I got two of the Rectifier and it's a great small EDC flipper for a great price of $145. Very light (the G-10 side has no liners) with a 2.95" blade length (just what we need due to 3" balde length limits) and quite a slicer with a 0.10" blade thickness. It would be great to have the Wisp (no blade hole) brought down to 2.95" blade length, not so fancy and more like the Rectifier.

I got two of the Rectifier and it's a great small EDC flipper for a great price of $145. Very light (the G-10 side has no liners) with a 2.95" blade length (just what we need due to 3" balde length limits) and quite a slicer with a 0.10" blade thickness. It would be great to have the Wisp (no blade hole) brought down to 2.95" blade length, not so fancy and more like the Rectifier.
You might take a look at the Practic. M390 blade pretty thin at the edge.
Edit: Nope, sorry....my mistake.....you said 3"...Practice is longer.

You might take a look at the Practic. M390 blade pretty thin at the edge.
Edit: Nope, sorry....my mistake.....you said 3"...Practice is longer.

Exactly. A Practic with a 2.95” blade length would be great. It’d be an upscale Massdrop Gent made by WE. Vapor is the right size but too fancy and pricey at $245 for S35VN. The older 3” models like 605, 619 and 717 are just too thick, heavy, bulky and ugly.

Apparently, in addition to the "Slide Lock" featured on the Double Helix, WE are working on another lock too. This makes me very happy.
This will take some time. So a warning is in place. Pease do not expect this to be introduced within half a year :) (Together with some other very innovative developments btw.)

I was a little surprised and a bit sad when I heard that a particular dutch shop dropped WE from their line up of brands. I wonder if Henk has any insight on that or if that's too much behind the curtain so to speak.

any idea when is the Chimera gonna hit the stores? although I'm a bit bummed, thought it would be in M390.

any idea when is the Chimera gonna hit the stores? although I'm a bit bummed, thought it would be in M390.
As stated in the pressrelease: dealers are able to order it since past monday. When each dealer actually orders i can not tell you. But it should be available at the dealers within a couple of days max.

I was a little surprised and a bit sad when I heard that a particular dutch shop dropped WE from their line up of brands. I wonder if Henk has any insight on that or if that's too much behind the curtain so to speak.
I know all about it but it is not very chic to tell the story here. But let me insure you that it is not a very major issue and the door is always open for this particular dealer to become dealer again.

I know all about it but it is not very chic to tell the story here. But let me insure you that it is not a very major issue and the door is always open for this particular dealer to become dealer again.

Dank je wel. And yeah I get that specifics arent necessary.

How would you guys compare WE grind thickness to ZT? I love ZT designs but haven't had one that was suitably thin behind the edge. Am I forever spoiled by Chris Reeve?

How would you guys compare WE grind thickness to ZT? I love ZT designs but haven't had one that was suitably thin behind the edge. Am I forever spoiled by Chris Reeve?

Many of them are fairly thick. Some of the newer WEs are quite thinly ground and some use thin stock as well. Look at the Minitor, Practic, Rectifier, Vapor and Wisp.

Many of them are fairly thick. Some of the newer WEs are quite thinly ground and some use thin stock as well. Look at the Minitor, Practic, Rectifier, Vapor and Wisp.

Even some of the bigger knives like the wasabi are ground very thin. Mine is .018 inches behind the edge, even with a fairly thick stock.

Edit: fixed typo

Last edited:
b00n b00n btw some exciting collabs with German makers will be introduced next year. Probably during IWA2019.

Speaking of collabs, any ETA on the Arrakis that you can provide us? I need to make sure I have funds available when its released.

The WE 813A Wasabi looks great and the blade shape is very useful for EDC tasks. Hopefuly, they'll make a version with a 2.95" blade length and 0.10"-0.12" blade thickness.

813a.4.jpg

813a.jpg

Back