Whacha Been Up To......

Horsewright, I just tried to send you a PM................only I couldn't find that feature here on the forum. So I put a question on your profile page.

Did our fall works last weekend. Lots of leather to see. It was my new fillies first time gathering. She did great:

TYp18os.jpg

9wnrpYO.jpg

These two bulls are half brothers a year apart:

igY6UTL.jpg

Our daughter Ally was helping mom take attendance:

Cmgyupu.jpg

5YawNN1.jpg

5eqw8m5.jpg

Our friends Tyler and Mary K were helping:

WIl8Ig4.jpg

4VvzQ63.jpg

I'd recently just sold George one of my horses to Mary K and they were getting along fine. In fact on our last circle in the late afternoon Tyler and I were sitting down in a bowl in the mountians waiting to take a group of cattle out once the folks on our sides were in place. We watched Mary K across the canyon and way up on a far ridge go after a group of cattle and trail them up and over the ridge. Tyler says to me "I don't know how much ya sold George for, but ya should of got more." We didn't see Mary K again for a couple hours but there she was down at the water with about 20 head. Got in with the last group after riding three circles on tired ponies with tired riders. We only had about 6o percent of the cattle. Brother Bill our ranch cook had warm taco soup for us. Just right. Next morning he was gonna do breakfast for us.

Ally using Lil Sis, my filly, bringing George back from watering.

RyO4BwO.jpg

Horsewright Horsewright Thank you for the stunningly beautiful pictures.

Thanks!

But wouldn't ya know it? Breakfast had to wait. There were cattle down on the flat! Got my crew horseback. I loaned Ally Lil Sis cause her gelding was still stoved up from the hard day before. and here they come. Today (Saturday) we had additional help as Logan, my son and his wife Katie were able to come. He'd had to work the day before (cowboyin') so couldn't be with us. He also brought part of "The Wolfpack", three of the ten. We were ready:

nWUj3K4.jpg

3SjkZsP.jpg

Ally on Lil Sis and Nickel, part of The Wolfpack.

Utvhwo3.jpg

More roll call taken:

G3pJSeD.jpg

Still missing a few. There they up on Hat Hill up behind the corrals. Logan and Tyler long trot on up there. They got em! Bringing em in:

oyp1Sec.jpg

They tried to make a break for it right at the corrals but Jane put an end to that idea:

QqfxAkc.jpg

wgFDglE.jpg

Ok we were 100 percent now time for breakfast!

Beautiful work as always Horsewright Horsewright , thank you for posting the pics. Do I see a couple of Tapaderos in that bunch?

Two Sonoran Belt knives, same pattern as the Tapadero just a different steel. Thanks. Finished off a few more and have the pancake sheaths all sewn up getting ready for the oven:

YcOoYHE.jpg

ittX3bf.jpg

PdG2Z7X.jpg

Finished off this Loop Holster with old time type carving on it. My wife Nichole, did the carving and I did the construction:

WYTYEEW.jpg

gWaATIu.jpg

Dave as always you bring the west back to us, really appreciate it too.

this is a folder sheath I just finished up for my Rough Ryder Reserve Whittler large solid knife that benefits the use of belt carry. I used a new embossing stamp I just got to represent the year 2020, seemed appropriate:)

neatsfoot oil treatment applied on this build

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

Last edited:
Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley

Wow !! You have an awesome design and build to your sheaths !!!!

too kind sir, thank you. on things I make I do like to keep them trim and slim as possible, the forming of that sheath around the swell centered handle takes time to keep working the leather until you take the stretch out of it and that helps in keeping the retention better. As the sheath is being formed and as it dries, I put the knife in and use a bone folder to press/stretch the leather around the knife, usually every half hour or so as it goes through the drying process.

G2

Dave as always you bring the west back to us, really appreciate it too.

this is a folder sheath I just finished up for my Rough Ryder Reserve Whittler large solid knife that benefits the use of belt carry. I used a new embossing stamp I just got to represent the year 2020, seemed appropriate:)

neatsfoot oil treatment applied on this build

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

Ya bet Gary and great work my friend! Fantastic pics too!

Here is a few I just finished up, both from HI. One a western style bowie and the other a Vala. The Vale reminds me of Sting from Lord of the rings. The Bowie we did kinda plain with just some stamping. The Vala we did a sash style carry with a wrap retention strap, some stamping and matting and finished it off with some beaver tail accents at the base and a small diamond shape holding the retention stud on. Hope ya like them.
NtUglED.jpg
7nS9rlZ.jpg

KEJfc9K.jpg
ghNwXlk.jpg
iUqeyhx.jpg

Here is a few I just finished up, both from HI. One a western style bowie and the other a Vala. The Vale reminds me of Sting from Lord of the rings. The Bowie we did kinda plain with just some stamping. The Vala we did a sash style carry with a wrap retention strap, some stamping and matting and finished it off with some beaver tail accents at the base and a small diamond shape holding the retention stud on. Hope ya like them.
NtUglED.jpg
7nS9rlZ.jpg

KEJfc9K.jpg
ghNwXlk.jpg
iUqeyhx.jpg
Those are some healthy EDCs...beautiful work.

Back