Whacha Been Up To......

Some recents:

aB3P2yf.jpg

lMSTUp2.jpg

Used that palm sander with 120 grit paper to get the roughout here uniform. Starting to like that trick. Just a quick real light pass. This leather had been split down from a heavier side and so had an extremely tight pressed sheared look to the roughout side. Kinda boring.

jz2NCcS.jpg

KJ7T1mD.jpg

Got these guys going. Should have all of them bout done today:

0krGDWy.jpg

This has kept us busy too. Check er out:

Some recents:

aB3P2yf.jpg

lMSTUp2.jpg

Used that palm sander with 120 grit paper to get the roughout here uniform. Starting to like that trick. Just a quick real light pass. This leather had been split down from a heavier side and so had an extremely tight pressed sheared look to the roughout side. Kinda boring.

jz2NCcS.jpg

KJ7T1mD.jpg

Got these guys going. Should have all of them bout done today:

0krGDWy.jpg

This has kept us busy too. Check er out:

WOW !!!!!!!! Awesome work 👍😁

I have to ask , what do have like a 30 cup coffee maker !?!?!???? Lol :)

jz2NCcS.jpg

KJ7T1mD.jpg

That’s interesting because I really like the uniform tight roughout that you get from a split side .
Super tidy work as usual, Hope you and yours are well and happy.

Ken

That’s interesting because I really like the uniform tight roughout that you get from a split side .
Super tidy work as usual, Hope you and yours are well and happy.

Ken
Thanks Ken. Yeah I do too, most of the time. Just kinda experimenting some. This was so tight it was just kinda meh. Got a friend and he specializes in leggings. He's been using a palm sander on the grain side on some of his leggings to kinda give a distressed look. Its come out pretty cool sometimes. Thanks we are. Our daughter just got engaged so she and Nichole are in wedding mode. Hope you and yours are doing well?

My Quik Slik got here yesterday, and my stamps and stuff from Weaver should be here tomorrow. I got the 2-prong barbed wire stamp with the barbed wire spacer stamp and a Star stamp 67-6996 and a Basketweave 67-6985 stamp, and some other stuff including a quart of pure Neatsfoot Oil.
I decided to go ahead and stamp a design in this vertical Carothers DEK1 sheath since I can't get injections in my back until next month. And I'm tired of waiting for my first leather sheath for my DEK1. Painting a smaller bald eagle snatching a fish out of water is going to be tedious work since there's less room to work with than on the SOB UF sheath. So I'll probably paint it on a crossdraw sheath or something in late November or December for my DEK1.
Oh, and a leatherworking hammer from Weaver. I have been using a ball peen hammer and thought that it was time to get a real leatherworking hammer.

Last edited:
haven't completed a sheath in awhile, slapped this one together in record time. Sometimes you just gotta claim a win, no matter how quick and dirty!

VvKKypK.jpg

o9s7mP0.jpg

5Q9Jb9R.jpg

PeXjHQe.jpg

I'm not one for embellishment, but had a little fun with this one

My Quik Slik got here yesterday, and my stamps and stuff from Weaver should be here tomorrow. I got the 2-prong barbed wire stamp with the barbed wire spacer stamp and a Star stamp 67-6996 and a Basketweave 67-6985 stamp, and some other stuff including a quart of pure Neatsfoot Oil.
I decided to go ahead and stamp a design in this vertical Carothers DEK1 sheath since I can't get injections in my back until next month. And I'm tired of waiting for my first leather sheath for my DEK1. Painting a smaller bald eagle snatching a fish out of water is going to be tedious work since there's less room to work with than on the SOB UF sheath. So I'll probably paint it on a crossdraw sheath or something in late November or December for my DEK1.
Oh, and a leatherworking hammer from Weaver. I have been using a ball peen hammer and thought that it was time to get a real leatherworking hammer.
Enjoy the new stuff!

haven't completed a sheath in awhile, slapped this one together in record time. Sometimes you just gotta claim a win, no matter how quick and dirty!

VvKKypK.jpg

o9s7mP0.jpg

5Q9Jb9R.jpg

PeXjHQe.jpg

I'm not one for embellishment, but had a little fun with this one
That looks great Looks like its raining and just getting cold enough ton start snowing.

Looking really good !!!!!

Thanks, Bill. I messed up a little bit but I don't think it looks too bad. I was afraid the 'stars' might be overdoing it. It's hard to make the ends of the barbed wire to meet each other perfectly. I also don't like to cut the outside piece to small because I'm not sure how much it will need to fold around the knife handle. Now I just need to get it finished up. I left this one in the press for 3 hours.

DEK1-OWB-7a.jpg

Tell you what, there must be hundreds of baseballs in the field next door as you guys are really knocking it out of the park ! very nice guys!

My meager few pale in comparison, but it keeps me out of trouble ;)

A slip sheath for a small pair of Knipex XS pliers, photo shows before I finished up the edging and applied a coating of leather conditioner. The fellow asked for a black sheath with red stitching, I took the liberty to dye the D red as well and it was a good call as he liked that a lot too.

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Also finished up a sheath for a drop point Buck 110 from their Custom shoppe, nice solid fitup in a vertical leather carry;

G2

Tell you what, there must be hundreds of baseballs in the field next door as you guys are really knocking it out of the park ! very nice guys!

A slip sheath for a small pair of Knipex XS pliers, photo shows before I finished up the edging and applied a coating of leather conditioner. The fellow asked for a black sheath with red stitching, I took the liberty to dye the D red as well and it was a good call as he liked that a lot too.

Also finished up a sheath for a drop point Buck 110 from their Custom shoppe, nice solid fitup in a vertical leather carry;

G2

As always excellent work !!!! Top notch

G2

Looks great to me!

Yep I remember one year at Ashokan seminar we had Larry Fuegen there and he gave a demo/lecture on leather working and showed how he ground down the heads of large spikes/nails to make his own stamping tools
G2

Back