What about Knives and Flashlights?

The covers are awesome on that knife.
Since it is celluloid is it stable?

I've had it for about 8 years. It's stored in a zippered pouch and only comes out infrequently to fondle and admire, particularly during the holidays, of course. It was lost for years, and only found a week ago while searching for another misplaced item. What a happy relief that was.
Anyway, in all these years I see no change in the celluloid scales. It looks the same as it did on the day that I received it. Thank you for your interest.

8YFGv5u_d.jpg

I'm a one is none kind of guy. And this virus has got me carrying hand sanitizer. :eek:

I've had it for about 8 years. It's stored in a zippered pouch and only comes out infrequently to fondle and admire, particularly during the holidays, of course. It was lost for years, and only found a week ago while searching for another misplaced item. What a happy relief that was.
Anyway, in all these years I see no change in the celluloid scales. It looks the same as it did on the day that I received it. Thank you for your interest.
Editing to mention that this knife, with the exception of my recent photograph, is never exposed to sunlight (UV) or excessive heat. Also, I just read a chemist's analysis and conclusions regarding celluloid knives that may change how I store and handle the knife, but not to the point where I cease to enjoy having it.

Last edited:
I'lI have to look at HDS again. I haven't looked at them lately, but last time I did they were pretty low on lumens compared to Malkoff and more money. (And Malkoff is typically lower lumens than Surefire or the imports, but seem to hold their output longer in my limited experience.) I've got a few Olights, a Fenix, a Surefure, Streamlights, etc. They all have their place. The Olights are pretty well idiot proof with their magnetic charging and easy to figure out ui. They are nice, but the anodizing etc seems to hold up much better on the American made lights. Also, the Malkoff has a high/low switch which makes it pretty versatile.

The best parts of Henry’s (HDS) lights apart from the indestructibility of the light itself and the worlds finest UI. It’s heat and power management are second to none. I use my light every single day multiple times a day. The ability to program my own output modes means I get only the amount I need for a given task but I also only use 12 cr123 battery’s a year. This is no exaggeration, yesterday morning I changed the battery and the one I pulled out was labeled 2-28-20 as I label them when I replace them, and the light will NEVER get hot. Yes they are expensive but hey they cost less then the knife I carry them with so...

Back