What amazing things have you guys done?

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I seriously believe that everyone has a great story to tell, so here's your chance to share with the rest of us - and don't be modest (or silly, or sappy :rolleyes: ).

I want to know your strengths, your abilities, your courage.

Doesn't have to be your greatest moment, just something to show us all that at one time, you had an incredible achievement.

Maybe it's a feat of physical strength or stamina. Maybe it's a mental challenge, a test of faith or trust. Perhaps you have endured the impossible. Or had a stroke of incredible luck...or genius.

It's as simple as reaching down inside yourself and finding a special moment that you'll always be proud of.

I'll start.

3 years ago, I put 800 lbs. on the hip sled and pressed it 20 times.

I couldn't walk for about an hour and a half afterwards and I think I saw my knee move out of place and back in again. :eek:

Perhaps I'll never be able to do that again, but I did it once. (wife can attest...she had to help carry me out)

Now it's your turn.

I'm faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive and can leap tall buildings with a single bound!

Look! Up in the sky....it's a bird, it's a plane...it's...

Semp --

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

I have some college fraternity champion drinking stunts under my belt. But that was another time, a different person from who I am now, and too self incriminating to share on an open forum.

Tried to be a friend to everyone and been rewarded with total indifference, tried camping in Wales for a week and came home second day with stress (!!), managed (with great effort) to become totally bankrupt, when I survey my life and achievements the phrase "Pigs Ear" comes to mind.......

I stayed friends and never had an argument with my ex-wife until my daughters were grown.

Oh, and lived through getting hit head-on by a 6 ton truck while I rode an old motorcycle.

(the first one was harder to do.)

Kis
:rolleyes:

Kis = excellent! Just don't tell my wife...she hates hearing about near-death motorcycle incidents.

It's never happened to me, though...yet...:eek:

I was a teacher in primary school. And a scout leader for some 10 years. And I still want to raise my own kids:)
I also defeated Caucasian shepherd dog in single combat. And never started drinking coffee.
Is it enough to have my place in the Gallery?:)

At a party, a friend of mine had too much alcohol to drink and not enough to eat or water to drink that whole day. To top it off she also took Xenadrine, that weight loss thing. So she passes out, lips turn blue and eyes roll into the back of her head. I tell the other guys there to clear the couch and to put her there and to raise her legs and get some blankets to cover her up. I also ask them to get me a few cups of water. Whenever she came out of it I told her to drink some and to generally stay alert, which she did and she made it out fine. I saved her a trip to the ER. But guess what, I only got a thank you from the guy who owned the place, and she didn't even bother to help me out when my car crapped out on me. It was a thankless effort, but at least she's ok.

I also helped a girl having a seizure at my college. I was selling my books back, when I saw a chick drop and I was thinking, maybe she's a klutz. But I look back and she starts shaking. So I go inside the student center to get help. Some guy was also there to help me out, but ALOT of people just passed by, looked at her, at went along with their business, so much for helping out people in need. About 20 minutes go by, I'm watching this guys kid, and he's taking care of the girl until the real meds get there.

I also got too into the bad stuff in high school, and I almost didn't graduate. My parents were going through divorce, one of my friends died, and I first learn my uncle had cancer. I was also into drugs and stuff. But I fought through it, I cut the bad crap, grew up and did what I had to and very narrowly passed my senior year (2.03 GPA, can you believe it?). I think I have the most unique graduation day cause I was told I could walk across the stage at Cox Arena along with my fellow classmates, the very day the ceremony was happening!

My high school years are what made me decide to pursue becoming a cop, at first I wanted to be a Correctional Officer, but I think actually going out and helping people is more what I'm tuned to do. That or get my BA and be an officer in the Marines. Well, this is a long post. :) C'mon, I know you guys have longer stories. Oh as far as strength goes, I'm only 5'4", but I can max bench press 230...it's not much but I don't want to look like a dwarf....

Wow, Don! That's a wicked hairdo you got there...

wait a sec...(putting glasses on)

That's no hairdo, it's a rice-farmer's hat!

...or maybe a lampshade. ;)

:eek: :D :rolleyes:

I survived the truck impact were: Full Face helmet with chin bar inspite of the 90 degree temps that day; Aerostich Riderwear impact reinforced riding jacket, deerskin gloves, and 8 inch boots.

Those and about 100,000 other tiny little things that made the difference between death, quadrapaligia, or vegetable status.

I got lucky, regardless of the subsequent longer-lasting effects.

It was a simple 9 mile ride to visit a friend with MS, on country highways, and I did nothing wrong or rash. Just wrong place, wrong time. But right equipment.

Kis
:rolleyes:

We're all in this together, somehow.

Haha yep Pen, it was part of a group pic, and for some reason I was perfectly in front of the lamp.:D Incidentally my family used to own a farm...

Back