What are you watching & why? (splain)

I really enjoy as to how every season is layered and the some layers carry through to the next season. Good news being that Amazon had approved S7 well before S6 debuted and I think that the production had actually started; now onto the bad news: S7 will be the final season of Bosch :(

Bosch is done really well. I'm waiting for the right time to binge this season.
Gangs of London is enjoyable so far. I'm not sure how available it is elsewhere

Started to watch Penny Dreadful - City of Angles, the new SHO series... It looks promising and I recognize some of the actors from the last Penny Dreadful which had the delectable Ms. Eva Green in it (totally not creeping on her, but have I said delectable enough times?). I wonder if it will be anywhere nearly as good since the times are more contemporary (1938 Los Angeles pre WWII) than the Victorian era of the original one set in London.

I like Natalie Dormer as the lead evil character, although I liked her looks and her character a lot more in GoT as queen Margaery Tyrell than the shape-shifter which she plays in this new Penny Dreadful. Some very good notable actors: Rory Kinnear (also from the original), Nathan Lane, Brent Spinner (sad that Mr. Data got so old :( ) and Piper Perabo (still a babe) among others.

I was being hard and harsh on Homeland for the last couple of seasons because I felt that it was dragging on past the season when the super spy saga was taking pace in Germany and in the Netherlands. However, I lied the way that the series finally ended with the last episode shown this past Sunday. I think that they tied it up quite nicely so for that reason, I will not biatch about Homeland any more :)

Additionally, I also think that SHO had sewn up and finalized The Affair quite nicely too. I think that they should put both Billions and Ray Donavan to bed too because as stated before, those two have also been meandering for any least a couple of seasons.

Just finished the 3rd and final season of Sneaky Pete on Amazon Prime. I finished Ozark season 3 last week. These sort of Breaking Badesque shows are addicting and the binge walking concept streaming services offer is perfect these past few months.

For some easy night time viewing, I've started to watch Primal Survivor (ran for 2 seasons: 2016-2017 on National Geographic) on Disney+. Now, the survival skills which the show's host Hazen Audel possess are totally insane but even he has difficulties adapting to the kind of skills set required to survive in the harshest and most extreme environments on earth where some indigenous tribes live.

I like to watch this show not because I like to play pretend survivor, but because it expands my horizons as to what and where few few tribes and warriors are exposed to in order to survive. They make the cast and crew of shows like Life Below Zero which is set in Alaska look like a bunch of Beverly Hills folks shopping at Neiman Marcus, LOL.

Hollywood is a new series on Netflix. It’s good and I recommend it but it’s not gonna for everyone. There’s quite a bit of poofter stuff going on so if that sorta subject bothers you or your significant other, you’ve been forewarned but that was the silver screen’s behind the scene stuff, even back in the day!

I particularly found Rock Hudson’s background story and his ushering into the industry kinda sad. Anyway, lots of new upcoming actors plus some very recognizable names playing some of the movie icons of the golden age of Hollywood. I’m enjoying it :)

Back