What are you watching & why? (splain)

Currently watching "Halt and Catch Fire" with the missus. Lots of folks needing a bit of bitch slapping on that series. (My wife enjoys these sorts of shows between the cursing and mayhem that scares the dog when watching hockey, baseball, basketball or football.)

Anime called "Dr. Stone", available on HBO Max.

Interesting, and one of those shows that could be a good influence in generating interest in young, developing minds.

Basic premise is that some phenomenon petrifies all the people (and swallows) on the planet. 3700 years later, the protagonist unpetrifies, realizes that in 3700 years, just about everything from the modern world is gone, and he proceeds to use everything his genius mind knows about science, to unpetrify other folks, and to accelerate things back towards the modern/technological age.

As a Gen X'er, I an say that the original Macgyver series made an impression on me. This anime has the potential to instill a similar interest in the sciences, in the young developing minds of today.

As with Macgyver, they play a little fast and loose with some of the ideas, but the basic premise is using science and knowledge to find/create solutions.

wrestlemania 8

my kids want to know what rasslin is
2c9KQquKp6gcIOv.jpg

This is the guy we waited to see on Saturday nights with Ray Morgan announcing...

wrestlemania 8

my kids want to know what rasslin is
My dad used to talk about Brute Bernard and Skull Murphy. They were before my time.
He did take me to see Hulk Hogan vs Mr Saito in the early 80s. Saito had thrown salt in Hogan's eyes on TV and wouldn't you know he did it again that night. Hogan barely recovered to win the match...

Back