What are your favorite TV/movie scenes involving knives/other blades?

Croc Dundee and First Blood/Rambo series. The knife in Cobra as well.

There is a good knife fight in Under Siege 2.

Last edited:
The movie called "The Long Riders" with the Keach and Carridine brothers playing the James and Younger brothers. 2 more sets of brothers in it playing brothers as well.
Best bowie knife duel ever filmed.
Music by Ry Cooder.

Who could ask for more?
:D

Off the top of my head, there are two 2010 movies from South Korea that have outstanding knife scenes:

The Man From Nowhere (final fight scene).

I Saw The Devil (taxicab ‘setup for a mugging’ scene).

Jim

Always liked a scene from It Happened One Night where Clark Gable uses a pen-knife as a tooth-pick to get something out of Claudette Colbert's teeth. Then he uses it to peel a carrot.

Scene is at the 8:00 minute mark in this clip.

One of the earliest, if not the first, of the "screwball comedy" genre.

Last edited:
Gerber MK2. A global classic scene.
0bu9RE.gif

The Chronicles of Riddick series has some fun knife scenes throughout it.

Rambo: First Blood Part II when he was on the river boat with his Vietnamese guide. It was a heartfelt conversation where Rambo shows his depth. Should have got an Academy Award for that one!
I was just thinking about how when this movie first came out, that knife must have really wowed people. Now it just looks like the propmaster made a run to Harbor Freight at lunch, or had their secretary order something from BudK.

There's an episode of "That 70's Show", Luke Wilson plays Kelso's super-cool older brother that everyone loves (except Kelso, and a jealous Eric). The Foreman's are having a barbeque, Wilson's character arrives wearing a large bowie knife in a sheath hanging from his belt. Red struggles to open a pack of hot dogs, Wilson says "Here, use my knife" and hands him the bowie. Red happily accepts the knife and thanks Wilson.

Seeing a knife, particularly a large bowie knife, in a network tv show, not as a weapon, and not causing anyone to freak out, but instead portrayed as a useful and innocent tool, struck me as particularly cool.

When it comes to knives in the movies, some movies come easily to mind (Stallone, Arnold, John Wick, action movies, etc), but I like the more obscure.

Did you know that there is a knife fight in "The Cider house Rules". Not some slick heavily choreographed "Hollywood" knife fight, but an "old school" knife fight. Delroy Lindo is great in the movie "What business am I in Jack?", "I'm in the KNIFE BUSINESS!" "And you don't want to be in any kind of knife business with me!".

Another obscure mention, the presence of Navajas in the family drama "To Sleep With Anger" (below).

o2eJQXo.jpg

As far as a movie where the knife is like a character unto itself, "Eye of the Needle", with Donald Sutherland as a German spy in WW2 who repeatedly uses a large switchblade-spike type of weapon (hence his moniker "the Needle") with expert efficiency to dispatch threats and get himself out of trouble.

I6AOugw.jpg

KHYq5Sr.jpg

Last edited:
Back