What are your favorite TV/movie scenes involving knives/other blades?

Any of the old Tarzan movies. The wooden "Tarzan" knives that my dad whittled for me are probably the basis for my lifetime love affair with big knives. I must have stabbed hundreds of dirt lions and crocodiles with those things. as well as the steel tipped spears he made for me.

Any of the old Tarzan movies. The wooden "Tarzan" knives that my dad whittled for me are probably the basis for my lifetime love affair with big knives. I must have stabbed hundreds of dirt lions and crocodiles with those things. as well as the steel tipped spears he made for me.

My Tarzan knife was made of rubber.

Same. I grew up watching all those and the Jungle Jim series. Imagination was running wild. Pretty sure the Bruce Bennett ‘38 knife was a 7or 8” Marbles. The Weissmuller Jungle Jim knife was a Kabar 6” Commando WW2 issue knife.
Really any any outdoor action movie with knives being worn was good value back then.

Cage in the movie “Mandy”.

Trippy movie with a neat soundtrack.

Not family friendly though.
BC1D3931-C365-4656-8F6D-8C34CC731182.jpeg

my favorite movie scene with a knife was in the departed where matt damon uses a kershaw whirlwind to stab someone he thought was chasing him, i always felt this was a very realistic depiction of how a knife would be used for self defense, it would not be used for fencing someone else with a knife or weapon or battling tons of bad guys like a martial arts movie, it would be used once as a last resort in order to facilitate an escape from a bad situation, you see the knife at 1:35

Spartan. I have one of the knives used, as well as a "Production" version. Dont even know if Severtech is still around.

Tarzan films definitely. Then Jeremiah Johnson's knife, think it was a Western that was dressed up to look old.

A few more of my favorite examples of knife content on tv-

Joe Perry of Aerosmith pulls out a custom Darrel Ralph folder backstage at a concert where Rachel Ray is barbequing for a tv show. Both Perry and Steven Tyler are well-known knife enthusiasts. Here's the video-

Another favorite is an episode of "Fast & Loud" on the Discovery channel. The guys buy an old rusted-out car, and to check the extent of the rust damage to the cars body Aaron, the head wrench, pulls out some kind of "tactical" folder from his pocket, opens it, and proceeds to punch the blade through the rusted door/panels.

I found it oddly pleasing to see a guy use a knife with absolute disregard for it's well being, and without a moments hesitation. It's not like he was doing anything that might destroy the knife, like trying to pry open a jammed car door. He was using the knife within it's limits.

Clearly he did not romanticize his knife and look upon it as a living being, or some sacred religious artifact sent from the heavens. It was just a sharpened, pointy piece of steel with a handle attached that he used for whatever task was at hand.

In the movie “Hannibal” - Silence of the Lambs part 2 - Lechter guts 2 men with a Spyderco Harpy

love it because the scenes are intense and the director features the knife in the scenes. A knife that only hardcore knife guys would recognize

View attachment 1475944
View attachment 1475951

Last edited:
Back