What Buck are you carrying today?

After seeing ScottK's Orange G-10 TRX,I thought there should be more Orange around here!
My little 486 helping out in the garden today.:thumbsup:
dqUO2iO.jpg

I have had the 55 in my pocket in the slip shown almost exclusively since I got it. I ordered it alongside the 55 BOTM this January. (I received a 505 Knight this week that may bump it pretty soon. Still doing some clean-up on it.)

aW4zSzV.jpg
The tang stamp on your 112 seems unique but I’m still pretty new to this.

Is it an Exclusive or maybe a Limited Edition?

Railsplitter Railsplitter Sorry, I do not know. I got this off of the Exchange two years ago. The seller's listing said "Buck 112 with different stamp than what I've seen. " If anyone knows, please chime in.

Me likin that 2021 Limited Edition!! might have made up my mind for me. Got two in mind. Droolin over some fine pics.!!

The tang stamp on your 112 seems unique but I’m still pretty new to this.
The seller's listing said "Buck 112 with different stamp than what I've seen. " If anyone knows, please chime in.
That's a one year only tang stamp from a 112 Walmart tin issue..BUT I just seen a Safety award 112 with that same tang stamp. So possibly Buck used the blades for at least one Special project run. Good find.

Buck had two Founder's Editions, in tins. The 110 for Al Buck, the 112 for Hoyt. Not sure of the years, couldn't quickly find out in a Google search and would have to search the BCCI site in depth...
ckHmoIp.jpg

vWmwegL.jpg

6sBMapp.jpg

Y6q3JuA.jpg

That's a one year only tang stamp from a 112 Walmart tin issue..BUT I just seen a Safety award 112 with that same tang stamp. So possibly Buck used the blades for at least one Special project run. Good find.

Buck had two Founder's Editions, in tins. The 110 for Al Buck, the 112 for Hoyt. Not sure of the years, couldn't quickly find out in a Google search and would have to search the BCCI site in depth...
ckHmoIp.jpg

vWmwegL.jpg

6sBMapp.jpg

Y6q3JuA.jpg

Thanks for the information! Much appreciated!

From plb's post 10/12/19 "That 112 tang stamp was the on the Founders Edition in 2006. Most had Hoyt Buck's signature etched on the blade and sold in tins at WM. There were also some sold without the etch in boxes."
Now that I look more closely I see the tang stamp is 2006 🤔

Last November, I sent my 2 dot 112 off to the spa. It came back yesterday, looking and feeling buttery smooth. It's still pretty badly centered, but the blade *just* misses touching the liner. I couldn't believe how well the bolsters cleaned up. It's in my back pocket today. The January BOTM has been in my watch pocket since I pulled it out of the mail a few weeks ago.

Last November, I sent my 2 dot 112 off to the spa. It came back yesterday, looking and feeling buttery smooth. It's still pretty badly centered, but the blade *just* misses touching the liner. I couldn't believe how well the bolsters cleaned up. It's in my back pocket today. The January BOTM has been in my watch pocket since I pulled it out of the mail a few weeks ago.

Very nice! It's great that Buck offers this service.

I have never collected by tang stamp unless something else was odd about the knife. Buck is known for not wasting parts so odd knives show up,
Based on my discussions with Jeff H., it appears this unique Slim Pro 110 with the mark side 1981 vintage Buck 111 Classic scale was not a build out but was one of 20 or so that were built in 2021 from Joe Houser's stash of parts and were sold during the Buck's Christmas 2021 tent sale. Whatever the case, it is unique and one of my favorites.

IMG_0378_edited.jpg

Back