What Buck are you carrying today?

Buck 302 gifted to me by Dopic1. 2nd day I had it the glued shield fell off. :eek:

I epoxied it back in place and it’s been fine ever since. Shield issue aside, I love the knife. It’s a perfect size for a single bladed slipjoint. The blade’s long enough to use for most utility needs and long enough to eat with too :) .

vs3X5nM.jpg

Last edited:
Brought a 501 along for the ride today. One of these days I'm going to carry nothing but a 501 and see how it handles everything. I usually carry something along with it, but I want to see how I feel about it all alone :thumbsup:

I have 4 one from the late 70s a 91' a 04' and a 2017 I carry the 17' the other's are pristine unused in my display, I love the 501 great knife for pocket or sheath! The oldest one has micarta handles.

Yes, I will open my display, find its spot and let it rest next to its brother 500 of the same age but the 500 was never used or carried, next is 501 same age micarta never used, 503, 505 just above!

Very nice, were in the world you get that? I just received today a 1991 535 unused but I will carry it a day or so to see how it feels and just to play with it, then it will take its place, boy it's bigger than I thought!

I have been carrying Buck fix blades. Right now it's an old Vanguard on the belt.

Butch54, got that 501 with the buffalo inlaid in the handle at Custer State Park in South Dakota. They had a few 110's with the same type inlay.

ScottK that is a nice 501! What is the inlay made of? I just seen a Custom by WBC that jewelry saw Bear track cut out custom blade and Bear inlay similar to your Buffalo..Did they know who did the work?

bucksway - I'm unsure of what the inlay is made of either silver or stainless is my guess. Since the park was selling a number of items that were handmade by local crafts people, I expect someone in the region did the inlay work as the knife is not marked an there were no boxes. I'm still carrying the same 501 today.

It is a beautiful knife! Wish it was mine. I'm still going to carry my new 535 to show it off some more but I'll use my EKA swede 8, I know it's not a Buck but I think it's the Swedish equivalent and I'm Swedish. My old 55 is still in my right pocket, I love that 55!

Correction, my ancestry is Swedish I'm 100% American! It's just that the swede has a lanyard and I'll need that today. It breaks my heart when a knife is dropped just as it does a gun! I'm a gun smith. I'll always have a Buck with me.

Back