What Buck are you carrying today?

I'm curious why you think the 112lt won't stay around long? Seems to be a solid product.

Seems to me that most customers in today's market would prefer the Slims over the LTs. I may be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the LTs phased out while the Slim line gets expanded with new variations. I love my 112 Slims and hope to see more, like a 500 and 501 Slim.

I agree but its nice to see both out there. The full size is a more robust design. Enjoy both!

I like the size (heft) of the 110LT handle (it's the same as the traditional 110 handle) for use in hunting and fishing - I sheath carry my big knives so extra thinness doesn't matter. I think the Slim is too thin for those purposes, just doesn't grip right when cleaning, however it is designed for folks who want a big blade in an urban or office setting and it will ride better in a pocket. I have owned a Gerber Sportsman II for 30 - 35 years and it never worked its way into becoming a prefered hunting knife due to its thinness - but it was nice for pocket carry to use as a big pocketknife. I hope the Buck 110 LT stays around, it is a worthy successor to the Buck Lite line - I've bought three of the red Smoke Jumper variations for myself (did share one with a good buddy) and buy the standard black LT as gifts for young fellows starting out in hunting. I wouldn't buy a Slim for that purpose. OH

Had an opportunity to fish for a half hour on the NE Cape Fear while driving home from work yesterday - slapped on my car knife (Buck 110 Pro) - nothing biting this far up the river, but it was a nice rest break at the halfway point of a three hour drive. OH
Buck-110-Folding-Hunter-Pro-S30-V-2017.jpg

Back to the Aluminum 110 from Copper and Clad.

By far my most frequently carried knife for over a year.

IMO, this is the perfect rear pocket traditional folder for EDC.

Back