What did you use your multi-tool for today?

not today, but friday; I used my charge alx's pliers to redo some plumbing in the lab that I work in. Used the knife to mark spots in the delrin shield for holes for new valves, and used the gut hook to cut and redo some heating tape around the pipes

I actually took this back in the winter, but I just came across the photo and thought it was fitting... I used my Victorinox Super Tinker to slice away at a cardboard egg crate to make this homemade iPhone stand. It works pretty well, except I found that the if the cord is connected, it has to make a very sharp curve at the bottom which might wear the cord out over time.
1j6q8i.jpg

I managed to slice open my hand on something in my car while going to take an exam this morning...and after spending nearly an hour in campus medical waiting to be patched up (I used gauze pads and tape to fix me up so that I could make it to Camp-Med, but I figured something a bit more tidy was on order. All I really needed was a large butterfly closure), by the time they got me into a room to apply a steri-strip and large band-aid, the nurse realized that she didn't have any scissors on hand. So...out came the scissors on the Vic Classic. Of all places to need them...inside a small hospital.

I used the pen on my Compact for giving autographs ;)

No, I was just joking. I my Compact used it today for opening a bottle of beer, for me and colleagues after a hard working day, before we went home...

Kind regards

Yesterday I used the blade on my Vic Sportsman to cut about 3 dozen of those little plastic tether things (like the ones that hold tags to clothes in the store) on our new couch. Took me about 15 minutes to find all of them.

I used the sharp corner of the chisel on my Swisstool Spirit S to open a clamshell package. I'm sure it's not specifically designed for that purpose, but it works really well. The cutting edge is sharp enough to easily cut through the thickest clamshell plastic, but short enough to be completely safe.

used it to make some whoopie slings for my hammock with dyneema amsteel rope (I lost you there didn't I :))

Used my SOG Crosscut to open the gas filler door on the car, it only opens from a lever on the inside and the door sticks and needs some...encouragement.

I actually took this back in the winter, but I just came across the photo and thought it was fitting... I used my Victorinox Super Tinker to slice away at a cardboard egg crate to make this homemade iPhone stand. It works pretty well, except I found that the if the cord is connected, it has to make a very sharp curve at the bottom which might wear the cord out over time.
1j6q8i.jpg

cool idea!

Used my SOG power plier to un-stick the lock on a carabiner, amazing how tight kids can crank them when they are adrenaline pumped! also amazing how dead your fingers get after three hours of belaying novice climbers...oh I have bruises.... ow

I carry a Swisschamp as my multitool during summers when I teach an archaeology field school. I use it most often for the following: Magnifying glass to look at some artifacts more closely, scissors to cut graph paper and small roots, saw to cut larger roots in excavation units (For the last three seasons we've been working on a wooded site, and you'd probably be surprised to see the size of some of the roots cut with my Swisschamp. Students actually borrow it even though bigger saws are available because they've noticed how well it works), screwdrivers and pliers to deal with equipment repairs, knife mostly during lunch.

Last edited:
I carry a Swisschamp as my multitool during summers when I teach an archaeology field school. I use it most often for the following: Magnifying glass to look at some artifacts more closely, scissors to cut graph paper and small roots, saw to cut larger roots in excavation units (For the last three seasons we've been working on a wooded site, and you'd probably be surprised to see the size of some of the roots cut with my Swisschamp. Students actually borrow it even though bigger saws are available because they've noticed how well it works), screwdrivers and pliers to deal with equipment repairs, knife mostly during lunch.

That sounds like an awesome job. I'm jealous!

DrRi, I do love archaeology, but weaker knees and a bigger belly take their toll. I spend most of my time in the classroom these days.

I butchered two sheep today and used the saw on my Vic Camper to split the pelvises.

Pulled a screw embedded in my left front tire with Spirit S pliers.

Back