What did you use your multi-tool for today?

Last weekend I used the pliers on my Swisstool Spirit S to adjust a charcoal grill. The heat warped the cheap metal bowl so the grill fell out of place.

This was used today to replace the TPS sensor on a Camry plus took off the air box and cleaned throttle body.On these newer cars you should remove the neg. cable before you start then when you're done put in back on and allow the computer to reset and I used this too.:thumbup:

Used a Victorinox Mini Champ to open the package from Felinevet that contained a Victorinox Onyx Cybertool 34 and Ruby Rally.

John

Last two days, SwissTool CS Plus worked on motorcycle wrenching, then some on-the-road adjustments as well. This is the first weekend with the SwissTool from Leatherman Charge TTi. So far I'm loving it.

Used Swisstool Spirit to disassemble a creaky fan at work that was driving everybody crazy. It was tricky to pull the rotating plastic knob loose because it's attached to the metal toggle by two stiff plastic tabs on opposite sides. Both tabs have to be pried loose at the same time, luckily I carry two tools (the other one is Vic Manager). With a little teamwork my buddy and I got it done without breaking anything.

about a month ago my friend's 100 foot whale watch boat was due for its coast guard inspection. At the last minute while checking the fire system the captain snapped part of the pipe off while opening a valve. there was no tape measure in the engine room and the mate couldn't find one in the wheel house to measure the size valve needed. I remembered I had my leatherman PST on my belt and it had a ruler. We got the measurement, got the part, installed it and got the fire fighting system operable just as the coast guard inspectors came aboard.

Just the other day I used my PST to work free some knots in my spiny dogfish longline. The needle nose pliers work as a makeshift fid or marlinespike to loosen the knot and i can work it out by gripping it with the pliers.

Last edited:
used my Wave to cut an irrigation wire in a valve box and un screw the old timer from the wall

I really should get compensated for not having to have a huge tool box to do my job...

The door of our mailbox fell off and then got run over. I used my Vic Spirit X to tweak it back into shape and reattach it, with the aid of a few zip ties.

Used my LM Surge with bit-kit to repair a doorknob on a restroom door before I could use the restroom.

Jerry

A coworker had a loose screw on his glasses, and he asked me if I have a small enough screwdriver. He knows I carry a multitool, but he was still half surprised when I said "yes". The detachable Vic Spirit corkscrew comes with a micro screwdriver.

Back