What did you use your SAK for today?

uTrqjaI.jpg

My new spray nozzle cleaner has a fold out plastic pick...it's a genuine sak tooth pick.
So I used a sak tooth pick today to clean spray nozzles

Last edited:
Mighty Classic to the rescue.

When I set up the sewing machine in the livingroom to make masks a few weeks ago I needed scissors to trim threads. I do not do a lot of sewing but for some reason I never got sewing scissors.

So I grabbed a blue Classic from my dresser that a friend had snuck into a bag when I purchased a larger SAK. I EDC an Executive so the Classic is not used. That Classic now sits beside the sewing machine and is ideal for trimming thread. I think better than normal scissors because you do not need to put your fingers in the handle rings. Just pick up, squeeze, done.

I think the Classic will stay with the sewing machine kit.

Last edited:
Yesterday I used my hiker a fair bit. The tree out the front of work is dropping branches like crazy, and I had to use the saw to cut a few of them up to fit in the bin. I was surprised at the usefulness of that little saw blade, it did a great job. I also used the small blade to trim up some loose threads and what not. Yesterday I also used my pioneer x to trim up my finger nails, and the blade to trim some strings on my ukulele that I swapped.

Im not long back into SAK's, but golly I forgot how versatile they are

The Moments that Fill a Quarantined Life

Busy day yesterday for a Super Tinker. :cool:
The standard screwdriver was used to clean a blade well on another knife and the phillips driver on the can opener to tighten some cupboard handle screws.
Trimmed the low hanging grass blades from a robin's nest with the scissors. (long story please don't ask) :) Then hours later and after washing them, used the same scissors to trim some low hanging nose hairs. o_O
The toothpick came in handy. (I hate those wooden ones)
Finally and most importantly the small blade was used to open some chocolate covered peanuts to snack on while watching Hannity. They always make the news more palatable.

Super Tinker
2SGbwMP.jpg

Have a Victorinox victorious day!

More bike maintenance today with SAK help. The little blade on my Spartan cut off the handles from my son's newish bike so that I could install decent ones and the screwdrivers helped me set up the gearing correctly. Unbelievable how they let it out the shop so badly tuned. Oh and many Kiwi's were sliced to pieces in today's battle between me and my stomachs cravings for real food. I do like kiwi's though. :)

Not my use, but I could have sworn I spotted a black Victorinox Executive (like my own) being used by a street magician on a show called “Magic Caught on Camera.” He used the main blade to poke either his finger or his hand, and the drop of “blood” that came out “turned into” a live ladybug. It was a great trick.

Jim

Back