1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What did you use your SAK for today?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by Edm1, Apr 8, 2019.

1. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    What are vine maples? Never heard the term before.

I use my SAK frequently in my various beds, often for digging out a weed because I'm too lazy to get the proper tool.

sonofwilfred likes this.
  2. sonofwilfred

sonofwilfred Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Thanks mate. I showed my wife your complements and she is well chuffed.
    I'm well looked after :)

3. WhoseWoodsTheseAre

WhoseWoodsTheseAre

Jun 4, 2020
    Big day for my SAKs today...

Used the nail file on my Cadet on some jagged fingernails.

Used the scissors on my Manager to trim some dried cuticles.

Used the knife on my One-handed Trekker to open a plastic envelope from Amazon...
    ... Which contained a yellow Classic SD which I unfortunately have to return, because the nail file is pressed too close to the blade. Opening the nail file actually moves the blade because they're so tight. My pink Classic SD is stranded in a client's office, which is off limits due to pandemic. I really need one to have on me. Might try again in a different color.

Wild Willie, guy g, Grateful and 2 others like this.
  4. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    [​IMG]
    I used the huntsman's saw to cut pipe

5. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Used the sharp blade to shorten a hose

6. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    [​IMG]
    My ECONOMY sak helped make my economy sandwich

Wild Willie, guy g, vinte77 and 6 others like this.
  7. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Today I used my knife to cut stray roots when removing some sick trees. The knife got terribly dirty but a quick wash and a touch up on a stone and it's good as new

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  8. NMpops

NMpops

Aug 9, 2010
    Sliced a bagel with my Tourist and spread some cream cheese.

guy g, jacksterp, Grateful and 3 others like this.
  9. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    In the last two days, I used my Small Tinker to dig out some wild violets in my yard (turf area), cut the tops off 12 and 24 packs of soft drink packaging, slice an opening to retrieve some beer bottles from packaging and still leave enough support to lift it with the packaging, screw tightly my one lens onto a camera monopod (hand tight wasn't enough) quick release plate, open some shipping boxes and mail, scrape a few things... it gets used more than you think for a little knife.

Forgot to mention cutting (harvesting) broccoli and squash off the plants in the garden. The SAK seems to work real well for such things with the thin blade.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    guy g, jacksterp, redsparrow and 4 others like this.
  10. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    [​IMG]
    I cut the last few chillies of the season, with the scissors

guy g, jacksterp, redsparrow and 7 others like this.
  11. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    I had my pocket watch looked at, I thought the battery had gone dry. The idiot in the shop put the case lid back on upside down jamming up the crown so I couldn't adjust it. Driving home I pass the watch and my Spartan over to my wife, the awl pops the case open easily, by the time I get out of the car my watch is working perfectly.

guy g, redsparrow, mitch13 and 6 others like this.
  12. mitch13

mitch13 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2004
    Can opener on my wenger evo. To help declutter carpet sweeper. Works like a bill hook to untabgle bristles:)
    [​IMG]

guy g, paulhilborn, jmh33 and 4 others like this.
  13. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Jul 4, 2017
    It's that time of year when I often find myself needing a saw, so I'm keeping my Walker in my pocket. Last couple of days I've needed to trim a 1.5" wild cherry branch that was hanging too low and snagging on my tractor, and a 1" elm that was growing in the middle of a hazelnut bush. It's amazing what that tiny 2.5" saw can do.

[​IMG]

redsparrow, Pomsbz, guy g and 7 others like this.
  14. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    I wanted to play around with different clip positions on my Ronin 2's sheath, and the Cybertool S was my handiest Torx driver. Love the long shank and mini bit kit on this guy. :)

[​IMG]

15. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    [​IMG]
    I cut bags open with my soldier

16. guy g

guy g Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 22, 2000
    An odd fix last night... Used the Phillips to tighten the screws on our stand up shelve unit/ Cat perch.. didn't know they would even come loose! :confused:

17. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Peeling apples

18. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Where do you get that third hand from Dan??? The work of a SAK is limitless:)

19. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    Funny enough my nearly 3 year old son on a chair took the photo for me :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

20. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    My SAK was used for afternoon snacks today. And I used the pliers to pull out a rubber band, that was tangled up in my son's toy train.

PeaceInOurTime, jmh33, 315 and 3 others like this.