What did you use your SAK for today?

w6Yd3TW.jpg

Another day on the road and another apple being peeled :)

My nails are often too short to pull up the tab on a tab top can, so I use the multi tool on my bantam, which is always nearby. I even devised a way to thread the tool through the tab and pop the can open using the extra leverage it provides. This works best with the extremely thin Alox Bantam, my favorite SAK.

aloxban0.jpg

Last edited:
My nails are often too short to pull up the tab on a tab top can, so I use the multi tool on my bantam, which is always nearby. I even devised a way to thread the tool through the tab and pop the can open using the extra leverage it provides. This works best with the extremely thin Alox Bantam, my favorite SAK.

View attachment 1380344
I used my Waiter this morning for exactly that!

The only measuring device I had handy this morning was the millimeter scale engraved on the fish scaler of my SwissChamp and it helped me identify a small SAK I now know to be a Classic. Until I came to The Blade Forum I just used the SAK my hunting buddy left for me. As many a SAK owners know, they are like rabbits and seem to multiply all by themselves and sometimes you don't even know their names. Now I need to get one for the wife's key ring.

Those little firesteels are crazy expensive. I'd thought about buying a pack but I don't want to give up the space on a knife. Besides, I've got so many larger sizes that I've resisted the temptation...so far, anyway. ;)

Yeah, when you look at what you get for the price it doesn’t make much sense....but neither does owning more than 1 or 2 pocketknives:confused:

Well done. I was lucky enough to be given one of those fire steels by generous mate.
A great invention.

They are neat. I don’t have them in every SAK, only the ones I would take when headed into the outdoors and the ones in each vehicle. I bought a fire pit for my daughters first house. Last night was the first fire so I thought why not try it out.

My SAK SwissChamp was nearby when I needed a knife blade to cut off the clear plastic heat shrink wrap on a flat of bottled drinking water I picked up a couple of days ago. Gosh, I didn't know anyone bought a SAK to actually utilize one of the knife blades? It worked as advertised!

Back