What did you use your SAK for today?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by Edm1, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Wild Willie

Wild Willie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2018
    This is my first post in the multi tool sub forum, I used my small tinker's pry bar to unlatch my bathroom door. Time to pull apart the latch for a replacement...

2. Wild Willie

Mar 19, 2018
    And here I go with the double post...

sonofwilfred likes this.
  3. sonofwilfred

sonofwilfred Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 23, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Another day on the road and another apple being peeled :)

4. Wild Willie

Mar 19, 2018
    That appears slightly risky :p. Has victorinox come out with an auto pilot tool?

sonofwilfred, Hairy Clipper and 315 like this.
  5. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Since he’s in Australia I’m guessing his better half is doing the pilotingo_O

Lee D, Wild Willie, Pomsbz and 2 others like this.
  6. 315

Dec 2, 2017
    I got to use my Recruit today to fix a 2 hole punch that was jammed up. Sorry there were no photos, but I told my co-worker that jammed it up she should send a video to Victorinox for me:D

7. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    I said to my wife yesterday that the photo would have Americans wondering. We have driven 2000km so far, on our adventure so I'm kinda wish my Swiss army knife could do a bit of driving at the end of the day[​IMG]

8. Wild Willie

Mar 19, 2018
    I had kind of assumed he wasn't in the US... Crocodile Dundee comes to mind :D. Hopefully the Mrs is a smooth driver.

Hairy Clipper and sonofwilfred like this.
  9. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    GREAT pic..:D And they grow soooo fast!!;) Have fun!!!:thumbsup:
    John

10. L. Richard

L. Richard Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 20, 2006
    My nails are often too short to pull up the tab on a tab top can, so I use the multi tool on my bantam, which is always nearby. I even devised a way to thread the tool through the tab and pop the can open using the extra leverage it provides. This works best with the extremely thin Alox Bantam, my favorite SAK.

aloxban0.jpg

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  11. 315

Dec 2, 2017
    Hey....I made a fire!!!!

[​IMG]

JaxBaron, L. Richard, Lee D and 10 others like this.
  12. Storm 8593

Storm 8593

Jan 4, 2019
    Caveman approves this post :D

PS I am jealous of you and your fancy fire starting knife

Hairy Clipper and 315 like this.
  13. CSG

CSG

Dec 15, 2007
    Those little firesteels are crazy expensive. I'd thought about buying a pack but I don't want to give up the space on a knife. Besides, I've got so many larger sizes that I've resisted the temptation...so far, anyway. ;)

Hairy Clipper and Pomsbz like this.
  14. SteeleJ1976

SteeleJ1976

Jan 24, 2020
    I used my Super Tinker screwdriver to remove and clean my filter in my shop vac.

15. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    I used my Waiter this morning for exactly that!

16. Hairy Clipper

Hairy Clipper Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 28, 2009
    The only measuring device I had handy this morning was the millimeter scale engraved on the fish scaler of my SwissChamp and it helped me identify a small SAK I now know to be a Classic. Until I came to The Blade Forum I just used the SAK my hunting buddy left for me. As many a SAK owners know, they are like rabbits and seem to multiply all by themselves and sometimes you don't even know their names. Now I need to get one for the wife's key ring.

17. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    Well done. I was lucky enough to be given one of those fire steels by generous mate.
    A great invention.

18. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    [​IMG]
    I used my in line Phillips to help repair my multimeter.

19. 315

Dec 2, 2017
    Yeah, when you look at what you get for the price it doesn’t make much sense....but neither does owning more than 1 or 2 pocketknives:confused:

They are neat. I don’t have them in every SAK, only the ones I would take when headed into the outdoors and the ones in each vehicle. I bought a fire pit for my daughters first house. Last night was the first fire so I thought why not try it out.

redsparrow, jmh33, Storm 8593 and 2 others like this.
  20. Hairy Clipper

Hairy Clipper Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 28, 2009
    My SAK SwissChamp was nearby when I needed a knife blade to cut off the clear plastic heat shrink wrap on a flat of bottled drinking water I picked up a couple of days ago. Gosh, I didn't know anyone bought a SAK to actually utilize one of the knife blades? It worked as advertised!

jacksterp, mitch13, jmh33 and 4 others like this.