What did you use your SAK for today?

5GKSXsA.jpg

Christmas afternoon my brothers and I shoot my old dad's gun at some targets for old time sake. The extractor is a bit worn and the can opener on my ALOX is great to flick out the empty shells if they get stuck.
YbI5SvJ.jpg

Used the awl to cut/prise open a safety lid on a bottle of oil whose starting nub had of course snapped off, the bottle opener to flip it open and clean hands all round. I then used the small blade to carefully cut through the binding of a large book which had gotten loose so that I could apply glue and clamp it back together to set.

I’ve been at my mother’s place for Christmas and Boxing Day. The serrated Spartan has been helping me cut cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, & such. And popping some bottle caps, of course.

This afternoon the Rambler’s flat SD opened Mum’s car fob, then the toothpick winkled the flat battery out for replacement.

MNvohQI.jpg

I skinned my last couple of hares for 2020

I rabbit hunt with a friend who just pulls the skin off the rear legs to the head.. Pops the front legs thru and twists the head with skin off.. I use a knife.. Well.. Because I am a knife kinda guy..
John

I rabbit hunt with a friend who just pulls the skin off the rear legs to the head.. Pops the front legs thru and twists the head with skin off.. I use a knife.. Well.. Because I am a knife kinda guy..
John
G'day John, when there is lots to do I use the same method.
I make a few cuts with my knife when I want the hide. I kept there hides today. Plus I slice down the belly with my knife for cleaning.
And like you, any excuse to use a sharp knife :)
Dan

Nice pic.. So.. Did ya see any?? Nothing like a warm/hot meal on a cold day.. In the winter I take along my MSR PocketRocket stove and cup-a-soup for a hot meal.. Hits the spot..
John

John, somehow I missed this. Nothing but old sign seen that day. I did get into a bedded elk a few days later but the brush was thick and nasty so no chance at a shot. And I agree, that warm meal beat the heck outta eating trail mix or some bar!!

John, somehow I missed this. Nothing but old sign seen that day. I did get into a bedded elk a few days later but the brush was thick and nasty so no chance at a shot. And I agree, that warm meal beat the heck outta eating trail mix or some bar!!

Some times it not about what ya kill but about the Hunt!!:D There is ALWAYS the next time..;)
John

Back