What did you use your sebenza for today?

Dcdavis, if you had one knife out of your entire CRK collection to keep, which would it be and why? Utility wise, not attachment wise lol, I know we all get attached to a few particular knives. Also, do you find with hard use the edges chip or otherwise are a bear to sharpen on say a sharp maker? Lastly, how does the damascus hold up and is it a pain to cut through cardboard with the extra friction from the damascus pattern? I want to pick up a mnandi in damascus but am unsure. I've owned the lg 21 cf from knifeart in a drop point and sold it. Currently only have a lg inkosi insingo in red canvas micarta.

Dcdavis, if you had one knife out of your entire CRK collection to keep, which would it be and why? Utility wise, not attachment wise lol, I know we all get attached to a few particular knives. Also, do you find with hard use the edges chip or otherwise are a bear to sharpen on say a sharp maker? Lastly, how does the damascus hold up and is it a pain to cut through cardboard with the extra friction from the damascus pattern? I want to pick up a mnandi in damascus but am unsure. I've owned the lg 21 cf from knifeart in a drop point and sold it. Currently only have a lg inkosi insingo in red canvas micarta.
If I had to keep only one, I’d prolly go with the large Inkosi micarta Insingo. That’s if we’re going strictly for work purposes. I love the drop point and tanto but the Insingo is just a great mix between the two with hardly any downfalls about it. It suits my uses the best.

I’ve had micro chipping before. Nothing major and nothing that can’t be sharpened out easily. I usually don’t even worry about them if it’s not time to sharpen. I tend to hit metal or brick/concrete from time to time with the edge. I chipped the edge on a tanto while scoring drywall with a lot of pressure and hit a screw. The only sharpener I have is an edge pro.

As far as the Damascus goes I can’t tell a lot of difference if any. There’s a good thread here that talks about Damascus in use. https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/damascus-edc-the-start-of-a-journey-w-september-2020-update.1515437/page-9

F0B4CA88-1118-4823-A987-7B39D97C3071.jpeg 3BE26D1A-CB11-4819-B8FE-517C20BB5616.jpeg 3906DB6F-7F17-4FF0-B499-515856EB5963.jpeg 37E0E007-47CF-4ED0-AE1D-F404FCB77895.jpeg 39D3E3E3-BA34-478B-A2E9-34B014D0F15E.jpeg B79E7FE7-A60A-49F1-8209-CC21EE406D79.jpeg 3139180F-B7C3-4FF6-B3FA-9F2380374F09.jpeg 989A717C-3557-4FC2-B70A-9C3DE834D62D.jpeg Scored some sealtite, cut some plastic bags to suck thru underground conduits, cut tape and pried open fish tape to hook a bag (pipes were full of water and one wouldn’t suck the whole way), cut jetline and stripped 3/0 USE copper. Worked after dark so no pics of landing the feeds. Got a few more to pull in the morning

Didn't use mine much at all this week. But for good reason. Spent every day this week working in an old plating mill that uses hydrochloric and sulfuric acid in their processes. Literally everything in this place is covered in at least an inch of a thick, nasty, corrosive green-yellow dust. Everything is rusty and anything made of sheet metal generally only lasts a few months in this place. We were there tearing out some old equipment to install new and on Monday I made a few initial cuts on something and once the sticky yellow dust started falling, I decided I wasn't having any of that. It was bad enough having it all over my gloves that I used to hold it. The Benz spent the rest of the week unclipped in the bottom of my pocket and I used a company-provided razor knife for all my cutting. With the job now finishing, tonight I tore this knife down and gave it the single most thorough cleaning I've ever given to a knife.

G7xdwpz.jpg

497F1204-B4CE-48C4-8DEF-9353CFCAD29D.jpeg 5498C3A5-5068-4D39-B40E-4FA955E0A196.jpeg 2D3C782E-18EE-4CC7-B1A5-1EA94B8E0C8D.jpeg 49C4B955-DC11-42BD-BE6D-8F5310385FCF.jpeg 5E3E1F8E-BAAD-427A-858F-160F7D67CE3C.jpeg Opened a happy meal toy, cut some pork steak, cut some old crispy tape, cut some branches out of the way that wouldn’t fully break off while retrofitting some parking lot lights

Didn't use mine much at all this week. But for good reason. Spent every day this week working in an old plating mill that uses hydrochloric and sulfuric acid in their processes. Literally everything in this place is covered in at least an inch of a thick, nasty, corrosive green-yellow dust. Everything is rusty and anything made of sheet metal generally only lasts a few months in this place. We were there tearing out some old equipment to install new and on Monday I made a few initial cuts on something and once the sticky yellow dust started falling, I decided I wasn't having any of that. It was bad enough having it all over my gloves that I used to hold it. The Benz spent the rest of the week unclipped in the bottom of my pocket and I used a company-provided razor knife for all my cutting. With the job now finishing, tonight I tore this knife down and gave it the single most thorough cleaning I've ever given to a knife.

G7xdwpz.jpg
Just to put things in perspective, this is what the company tools looked like after that four day job. I wouldn't touch a thing at that place with my own tools. These were all silver/grey beforehand. It's especially evident on the driver bit.

Fbvat4k.jpg

BcE86Ug.jpg

LGlwHdr.jpg

Back