What did your SAK do today?

Cleaning up after a previous night's community watch dinner, I used the large blade on my Fieldmaster to scrape dried food from the carpet that the vacuum would not pick up on the first attempt.

Used my Super tinker's scissors to trim some threads on my pants and the Philips bit to adjust the air on my tires.

Wood Saw, Blade and Awl of my Trailmaster helped me make a tiny wooden sculpture. Gave it as a gift.

Yesterday: Main blade: cut a slit on a bag of frozen pizza rolls so the bag would roll up again in a sealed fashion.
Today: Tweezers: plucked 'old-man' hairs out of my ears. Day ain't over yet..

Yesterday I used my Vic Farmer ( awl ) to make a pocket sheath to hold a knife and flashlight
Today used my Vic Director ( orange peeler/ screwdriver ) to fit a lens in another flashlight

42965D35-BCDB-4860-9166-10EE2E3098AA-277-0000005767C5A8B7.jpg

My 2 SAKs stayed in my pocket today. I guess they had a day off they deserved it. They usually are cutting something needed to be cut but not today. :eek:

Yesterday I decided to pack a stockman, I went into the store and saw the SAKs, all Wengers. I missed my Climber so much I checked out, went home and got it. Now I really want one of those locking blade Wengers. :eek: I'll just have to add that to the list of the 30 other SAKs I want.

2 days ago used the pliers on my cybertool 41 to assist stripping 16 gauge speaker wire. It was too thick for the strippers and resorted to my Para2 to roll it and cut the plastic wire sheathing, pliers to pull it off.

Explorer:

phillips screwdriver tightened some dresser knobs,
flathead/caplifter helped remove and replace a bit on my dremel tool.
knife sliced a jalapeno for my sandwich at lunch time
good day so far! :)

Hectic day at work where the 'norm' was tossed out the window. Went to hurriedly throw a can of tomato soup on the stove. Not in a pot or pan, but literally a can on the burner, and instead of hunting for a can opener I reach for my vic. Its funny to post but I was a little let down that it was a peel off top heh.

Hey my flashlight was used by a coworker crawling under a console to troubleshoot a power strip and ball of spaghetti noodle power cords so I used one of my edcs today.

Tightened up all the closet door handles that I've been neglecting for years.

Jeff

I just got my new Pioneer today! All it did was open a couple beers though cause it I didn't get home to open it up until kind of late:

IMG_8846.jpg

Nice! What knife is the sheath for?

Swamp Rat rodent 4 :thumbup:
Plan to use my pioneer for some sheath making in a bit, gonna also make a sheath for the pioneer :D
eta-you just had to post pics of that black one huh RB? Lost mine at a drunken bash at an old buds last year :mad:

I like the Pioneer, but love the Soldier.

Carreid the Soldier today. Used it to open some food packaging and to punch a hole in the lid of a latte in a go-cup from the local coffee joint. Most of the plastic lids made for go-cups, e.g. standard Starbucks cup & lid, do not have an adequate vacuum release hole. They have a small pin hole at best, which often is obstructed by the foam of latte goodness. The SAK reamer or awl is perfect for punching a decent hole in the lid so that you can guzzle that scalding-hot coffee at will. Rant over.

I have about a dozen or more SAKs, everything from a few alox Classics, (and about 3 0r 4 regular classics) up to a few Swiss Champs, my car keys have an Alox Farmer, my Motorcycle keys have a Minichamp.

Since I've been spendin' more time on the Motorcycle the Minichamp sees the most daily use as an EDC SAK.

Today, I used the tooth pick numerous times for obvious teeth pickin' chores :D, I used the scissors to cut my fingernails after my shower and to cut some hemp twine for a few friendship bracelets I made for the kids and for cuttin' the thread I used to do some repair work on my BOB, (Bug Out Bag), I even used the little ruler to double check a bolt for the MC.

Probably the only thing I hadn't used was the spear blade, I use the little sheepsfoot blade for most of the little cuttin' chores, (openin' mail, cleanin' my fingernails and for scrapin' adhesives off my other blades).

Much like my Leatherman, an SAK gets used several times a day.

Last edited:
Back