What do you do with your knives that you no longer use?

I give some away, and I have been thinking of selling a few that don't get carried much. I have kind of a display where the knives pile up.

This morning I actually made a want list of 10 knives to purchase. I was contemplating buying a knife pouch to stash them in, or maybe a spyderpac. I need a way to keep them together and organized. Keeps me happy and the wife too.

Anyone have any good knife pouch suggestions besides the Spyderpac and the ZT 18 folder holder? Right now I'm leaning towards the ZT one.

I give some away, and I have been thinking of selling a few that don't get carried much. I have kind of a display where the knives pile up.

This morning I actually made a want list of 10 knives to purchase. I was contemplating buying a knife pouch to stash them in, or maybe a spyderpac. I need a way to keep them together and organized. Keeps me happy and the wife too.

Anyone have any good knife pouch suggestions besides the Spyderpac and the ZT 18 folder holder? Right now I'm leaning towards the ZT one.
I too have been thinking about getting something to store my knives in (although I'm not necessarily in dire need of it yet). I was thinking of either the spyderpac or a fishing box type situation. If anyone knows any good methods they want to share let me know!

I used to sell them, but that honestly takes too much effort these days. I've got kids now so I keep them to pass on.

And I'm glad I do because today I was grabbing something out of my safe and grabbed a knife I haven't seen in a while, and I was glad I still had it and I carried and used it today.

And I'm glad I do because today I was grabbing something out of my safe and grabbed a knife I haven't seen in a while, and I was glad I still had it and I carried and used it today.
Yeah, always nice to use an old favorite you haven't seen in a while ;)

I like rediscovering knives I had forgotten I owned. Sometimes they end up getting pocket time. Sometimes I find someone else who would appreciate a good knife. I never sell or trade. I keep or I give.

I like rediscovering knives I had forgotten I owned. Sometimes they end up getting pocket time. Sometimes I find someone else who would appreciate a good knife. I never sell or trade. I keep or I give.
I keep mine, and occasionally give one away. I ve never sold one.
That may change.

If the knife is in good condition, and I've decided it doesn't work for me, I sell it. If it's beat up, I'll either give it away, replace a more beat up knife with it, or toss it.

They become Mom and/ or girlfriend knives because the chicks in my life ABUSE knives.:D
Hack through bone, open cans and leave it in the sink like a dirty dish
They'll use them as some sort of gardening tool, whatever!
If a knife survives the ladies it's a tough one! :cool:

"Hack through bone, open cans" lol, I'm dying!

When I buy a new knife I spend some time woth it to see if it's good for the task or not. If not I sell it immediately. I have 6 or seven hobbies and one room for all the gear and stuff. I don't collect things/gear/anything just to have it. What isn't being used gets sold or thrown away.

When I buy a new knife I spend some time woth it to see if it's good for the task or not. If not I sell it immediately. I have 6 or seven hobbies and one room for all the gear and stuff. I don't collect things/gear/anything just to have it. What isn't being used gets sold or thrown away.
I hear you. That was actually how I found this forum to begin with as I have an old Emerson blade which I used on deployment, but haven't used since. I was trying to figure out a reasonable way to get rid of it to someone who would appreciate it. I don't like things sitting around that don't get used.

I hear you. That was actually how I found this forum to begin with as I have an old Emerson blade which I used on deployment, but haven't used since. I was trying to figure out a reasonable way to get rid of it to someone who would appreciate it. I don't like things sitting around that don't get used.

In addition to that, I learned that unused stuff is much less valuable than the space it permanently takes. Surely generally given, knives don't take that much space but that's my way of thinking and living

If I'm done-done, not just enjoying other knives while knowing that a particular blade's time will come again, I sell them or give them away. I like my collection lean.

Back