What do you no chit carry

The pattern is awesome, I need one. Pretty pricey I assume?

I don’t believe that Bret is taking orders at the moment but many slipjoint guys make that pattern and they’ll range $450 or so and up. Along with that, the Case/Bose knives are awesome for the price (usually $350 or so) and their annual knife was an LC recently. I see them on the exchange every now and then.

This is not technically a 'carry' but it IS "no chit" everyday:

In the middle drawer of my home desk resides a Victorinox CyberTool M. I have a set of Torx bits for it, so it can work on most of my locking folders. The scissors, pliers, toothpick, eyeglass screwdriver and tweezers also often come in handy, and it has the best bit driver in the multi-tool industry.
SAK_1_7725_T__S1.jpg

This one, I DO carry every day in my work shoulder bag: a (now retired) Leatherman Charge ALX. (triple drivers and a 154CM blade)
6-charge-alx.jpg

In my desk in the office is a 4" bladed kitchen knife with its sheath. Perfect for cutting up fruit at work.

There's no knife I carry every day, so in that sense, I could say that I don't have an EDC. To me, part of the fun of knife collecting is that I get to carry a different knife every day. I get to choose one that will be most suited to the day's expected tasks.

Having a desk job and being stuck at home most of the time now, the knife I carry most often is my Victorinox Manager, with the tweezers replaced by a toothpick:
SAK_0_6365__S1.jpg

I have knives and multi-tools stashed everywhere, so I don't need to carry much on my person. Two days ago, I took delivery of my grail knife, the Benchmade Griptilian 550-1. I carry this one for fun. Used it yesterday to prepare chicken noodle soup from scratch, even though I have nice sharp kitchen knives at the ready. I'll probably be EDC-ing this one for awhile:
550-1_agency_1000x1000.jpg

(stock photos, courtesy of the mfrs' websites)

I’m kinda boring so I don’t collect..

I have 9 different colors of the same shirt and 7 pairs of the same pants for work.

28E88768-2EEA-4D6B-BFE1-AB7D4D27E9AC.jpeg Seven days a week I have a large lefty CRK with me. As @Murphjd25 said work, weekends, whenever. Mainly an Inkosi. I rotate a few but I’d really like to slim it down. I have slowly. But the Alox Electrician is in my right pocket everyday. It’s the only constant. That’s when I haven’t lost it. It reappears quite often after being missing a couple days at a time

I don’t believe that Bret is taking orders at the moment but many slipjoint guys make that pattern and they’ll range $450 or so and up. Along with that, the Case/Bose knives are awesome for the price (usually $350 or so) and their annual knife was an LC recently. I see them on the exchange every now and then.

Shame. That seems to be the case for a huge number of custom makers right now. Feels like every time I love a custom knife and want to look into ordering, the maker has either retired or has an impossible backlog.

These two have gotten 80% of my daily carry since the Siren came out. The Pacific Salt has been my most carried knife for years.
UePW2N9h.jpg

The Endura platform has made a huge come back in my rotation recently as well.
7N8bZGFh.jpg

ESvvx8hh.jpg

This particular 110 has an S30V clip point blade. Others that I regularly carry have a standard 425HC clip point blade, or a CPM154 clip point, or drop point blade.
I've seen you mention this several times now, do you mean 420HC?

Back