What do you think is the best knife that Spyderco has released in the last five years?

The Spydiechef. Great EDC and decent for light food prep. I’m going to modify the blade a little so that it has a pointier tip for puncturing.

I'll go with Shaman, I've been carrying this a lot since getting it and it really works for me. PM2, Manix/XL used to dominate my RFP, now this does. Really hoping I can get a Z-wear Shaman.

V7MaC1y.jpg

I think the Para 3 LW is their most incredible release.
Personally, I like the Police LW the most.

I've carried my original Pac Salt every day for maybe two years now. Considering trying the new version. Do you think it's that much of a step up?

EDIT: To answer the OP, the Native Chief is pretty rad!

I have the same question. What is the difference between the Salt 1 and Salt 2. I have both and I like the Salt 1 better because I don't like the black coated locking backspring

The Lil’ Native with the backlock! I would love to see a sprint run of it.

All the Lil’ Native Sprints/Exclusives have been with Compression Lock including the upcoming S90V/CF Sprint Run.

M4 Manix XL!!!!

Nice tool steel in a knife big enough to be a folding bushcraft knife.
Cruwear would've been better but.. oh well there's always next time:D

All the Lil’ Native Sprints/Exclusives have been with Compression Lock including the upcoming S90V/CF Sprint Run.

I know but I do not like the compression lock. I had a Lil’ Native with the compression lock and I found it had the habit of partially opening while in my pocket. I also hate pocket clips so I don’t use one. The backlock keeps the blade positively closed and I find it easier to manipulate than the compression lock.

I would love to see the treatment used for the DLT PM2 with purple G-10 and a black coated Cruwear blade.

There may never be a sprint run but hope springs eternal.

Last edited:
Shaman, hands down. I'd love to see one in 52100 and k390.

Chaparral lightweight, but I don't know if it was released in the last 5 years.

The Waterway has turned out to be a nice piece.

Back