What do you think is the best knife that Spyderco has released in the last five years?

The Amalgam is a damn good knife,compression lock and a superb blade,kicked my all time favorite PM2 out of my pocket.

I do love the Amalgam, it was my number one until I got a Shaman. It's still amazing, it just feels like the Shaman was made for me.

But man is the Amalgam sweet... Really thin cutting edge, big but very lightweight. It's a workhorse!

While I don’t have much experience into the Spyderco world of knives, I am in love with my Sliverax. It’s the only Spyderco I own currently, so I can’t speak to all of these other models that are so admired. But I am pretty continuously amazed at how this one knife has kicked the other 12 or so knives in my modest collection out of my pocket. Those others all have butterfly logos on them. They are superb, but the Sliverax gets carried and used. It seems to be made for me. Fantastic.

P3 Lightweight was a big surprise to me. Felt way more solid than I expected. Just got a Spydiechef so we'll see what the future holds.
Now we just need the LW P2 :)

Not to be a weeny, but the Slysz Bowie was released in 2014.

I knew that when I voted for it. The OP’s choice was Gayle Bradley where GB1 came out in late 2009 and GB2 in late 2015. So, I stretched it a little to include Slysz Bowie which came out in September 26, 2014 which is within 5 years 11 months of the OP’s post. :)

I only have a couple Spydercos, but the Slysz swayback fits the bill for me.

The Amalgam and the Siren just get beat out by the Waterway for me.

The perfect little fixed blade.

Reactions: 353
Back