What does your bladeforums username mean?

Curiosity got the better of me:

mqqn mqqn ?
It is my last name with Q's replacing the O's -

When I first got on the web back in 96 or so, the Chinese folks had taken almost everything related to "moon", and so I just used the q's instead.

My families "moon" comes from Ireland, by the way.

best

mqqn

Mine comes from being a lifelong baseball/ SF Giant’s fan. When I was really young it was kind of the catch phrase for a couple years for them. Also I live in Humboldt county so I changed it from humm baby, to humb baby.
Being from Humboldt, I'm surprised you didn't change it to "hemp" baby. ;)
I'm a life-long LA Dodger fan; bleed Dodger Blue. What an amazing season both teams had, & you couldn't have asked for a more exciting 5 game series/finaly between these teams 2 last night.

Back in 99, I bought a Ford lightning. Had mustangs before that. Followed it with a string of cobras, those where all SVT products (special vehicle team). That team has been renamed and absorbed by Ford performance but it’s too hard to change names, so I still use it. I’ve been out of the Ford performance from factory (been doing my own builds since about 07), but shopping now to get back into the new gt500, I hope. It’s not SVT anymore, but the division still exists under fords performance brand.

~Mine is in honor of my grandfather and grandmother Peter Natale Valla and Betty Jean Valla ~ My grandfather is the one in the middle of my uncles ~ Alberto, Lesio, Peter, Vincent, and Frederick ~ Bottom row is my Nonna Teresa "Simonetti" Valla my Aunt Henrietta and Aunt Mary ~

Nonna Grandpa and Aunts and Uncles.JPG

Last edited:
Probably predictable for most of you into shooting, “center mass” refers to where LEOs are trained to place their shots. The word was drilled into my brain on the range by my firearms instructors many years ago in the academy. I started participating in various firearms forums before frequenting BF, and, well, it made better sense in those places. I just kept using it when I came here.

Nowadays, as a middle-aged man, it probably better describes my dad bod :)

Mine stems from my initial forays on the internet back in the nineties. I was into both motorcycling and bicycling. I contended that the terms "cyclist" and "biker" could be used interchangeably for both types of riding. My avid bicyclist girlfriend at the time insisted that "cyclist" meant bicyclist and "biker" meant motorcyclist. We went around and around on it. I mostly just did it to tease her. Anyway at the time I was on some real early bicycle and motorcycle sites and needed a name and used "Mobiker" for both as a little inside joke to myself. MO is the postal code for Missouri and biker for both types of two wheel conveyances. Like a lot of you here I've since decided its kind of lame. Joining this site I tried various versions of "Mike", but there are too many Mikes (is that even possible?) so...lacking in imagination MBKR is simply Mobiker with the vowels removed. Almost immediately after committing to it I came up with all kinds of witty imaginative pseudonyms :rolleyes:

When we retired in 2004 we sold the house, bought a boat ( a trawler), and put everything in storage. We lived aboard fulltime until the 1st grandkid came along in 2009. Each year we'd spend the winters in the FL Keys and the summers in Baltimore. Loved every minute of the gypsy life style!

oEo0IVE.jpg

Back