What I'm working on

Wow, I really like that design. It might benefit from a choil, so you can do at least a little detail work. But I really like the way it looks. I'm really liking this size knife, good all around wilderness blade in my opinion.

Just got back from traveling today and will be finishing up all outstanding orders today and tomorrow and then get back to cranking out the last of this fell beast run.

Also working on prototyping the new Tyrant Bowie scales. This will be the handle for the Tyrant bowie as well as several other mid to large sized choppers. It features a hidden lanyard and some sweet new texturing to really lock in the grip.

C8LgezN.jpg

Haven't been posting much lately so I thought I'd bring this thread back to life

Working on a few pretty knives right now including this parang with some absolutely wicked curly mango
yd3WOdz.jpg

Any idea as to when the bowies will be happening?

Not for a while. They need a huge amount of machining and I haven't been able to find a shop that is willing to take on such an ambitious project. They are simply too big for me to grind by hand in any quantity so CNC'd bevels are a must.

Not as of now. The kukri suffers from the same problem as the Tyrant Bowie in that its too big to make by hand and no one wants to do the machining. As I build a better relationship with the machine shops I use I think they'll come around to the idea of bigger and bigger blades. What I do think will be happening this fall is a machined Liberator Bolo run.

Not as of now. The kukri suffers from the same problem as the Tyrant Bowie in that its too big to make by hand and no one wants to do the machining. As I build a better relationship with the machine shops I use I think they'll come around to the idea of bigger and bigger blades. What I do think will be happening this fall is a machined Liberator Bolo run.
What's the liberator bolo?

I agree I’ve been dreaming about that Kukri for YEARS. I won’t be happy unless it gets made. All the machine shops I’ve talked to freaked out when they saw the amount of steel the needed to be removed for the tyrant Bowie, and the kukri is even thicker. But I’m confident as I keep working with machine shops they’ll come around to it eventually. I mean if they’ll mill 200 mid sized knives for you, why not 50 big knives?

This was me when I lived in Nepal in the 90s. The Huntsman kukri wasn't available, only locally forged blades from leafsprings. The next year a Maoist insurgency broke out.

Coincidence? Maybe. But can we afford to take that risk?

28641376167_1805df4cb2_z.jpg

You lived in Nepal? Now THAT is cool.:thumbsup:

Hell I might just have to get a kukri prototype or two in the shop now. You've got me inspired

You lived in Nepal? Now THAT is cool.:thumbsup:

Not for long - just during '95, in a village about 4 hrs' walk south of where that photo was taken.

Points to anyone who recognizes the location - it's on a pretty major trekking route in Nepal. The river should give it away for anyone who knows the country.

Last edited:
:thumbsup:
Any updates on upcoming models?

I just took the bar exam and am looking for law jobs. Everything is going to depend on what law firm hires me. There's a very good chance I will get a job in another city or state.

If that happens I will have to stop making knives for a while. If I am hired locally I'll continue to work on stuff during the weekends.

Here is what's on the docket if I'm lucky and get a job in town.:thumbsup:

- True Grass Machete 2.0 run
- CNC'd Liberator Bolo run

Last edited:
:thumbsup:

I just took the bar exam and am looking for law jobs. Everything is going to depend on what law firm hires me. There's a very good chance I will get a job in another city or state.

If that happens I will have to stop making knives for a while. If I am hired locally I'll continue to work on stuff during the weekends.

Here is what's on the docket if I'm lucky and get a job in town.:thumbsup:

- True Grass Machete 2.0 run
- CNC'd Liberator Bolo run

Well I wish you luck im finding something local. I am sure im not the only one who wants a Liberator Bolo

Back