What is the average amount you spend on your knives?

dammit. I am picking up my car after having it in the shop for over 6 months, replacing the stroker motor and getting it tuned. I have a pretty firm handle on what I've spent on that so far. Since the car was in the shop, I started buying more knives, and commissioned some customs to be made, along with a sword. Reading this thread made me add up in my head roughly what I've spent, and I could have bought a spare stroker motor, lol.

I don't keep a record of how much I spend on them, and I make damn sure my wife dosn't know!

cricket

Most of the knives I buy are in the $120-170 mark, but my CRK's probably push my average to ~$220-250.

I have been buying most of my knives in the $250+ range but I'm sure the Enlan/SRM $5 knives I've bought have brought the average down a bit.

what I got :delica, leek, LM wave, esee 4. The first 2 were 2nd hand. So approximately $50?

2300 / 49 = $46.93.
About 12 of my blades are cheap china knock offs from the days when I knew nothing.
some are custom made by me.
So if I take those out my average is probably about $90.

A new member at the country club asked one of the senior members how much it cost to maintain his yacht. He told him, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

Focus on how much you use each knife and if you don't, why you keep it, and you will end up enjoying them more. Few knives are good financial investments. Once you've bought them, the money is gone, and the value becomes, "I own it!"

Wise words from a wise man.

As to the OP.

Two knives.
Scott Cook Lochsa (1200)
Crk Startac Umnumzaan (440)
1640/2 = $860

I keep a spreadsheet of my "collection" knives and that averages out to about 100 a knife. I have over a dozen users that range from cheap like a swiss army to somewhat spendy like my Ripple or griptilian so if I were to venture a guess on my users it would probably be around 40 bucks. I do not need expensive knives to make me happy but maybe that is because my budget does not allow for too many $200 knives let alone anything over that price point (although I do have my eye on several)

I've been into knives for ever, but have only been into "better made" knives for the past year. As soon as I laid eyes on a certain knife (Small Sebbie 21) I quit buying "lesser quality" knives and began saving. Today I met my goal and purchased a spankin' new sebbie=) which brings my collection to this: CRKT Drifter, Kershaw Chill, Sanrenmu 704, and CRK sm sebenza 21. which brings my average to 102$.

Statistically, my answer would not be useful. I'm all over the place when it comes to price. Just today, I played with my $15 Cold Steel Pendleton Lite Hunter and a custom hunter I commissioned for $300. That makes an average of $158, but that's kind of deceiving given the extremes...

Probably around $60 if you average it. Though when I hit the lottery I plan to only buy high end stuff like strider and lightfoot.

I bought my Spyderco Military 12 years ago. It's the only knife I have carried in that time....and it shows LOTS of wear. I paid $90 for it. Averaged out, I've paid $.62c/month for it. If it breaks, I'll buy another one.

Back