What is the average amount you spend on your knives?

If you buy more Becker's you can bring down you average pretty fast. :)
.... and I am surely going to skew the averages, but let me try to guess my average.

Now I am not rich by any means. I'm 63 years old and retired after 40 years with the military, and have been messin' with knives for a long time. I don't have a lot of knives, but I have always saved up for better knives rather than buying cheap steel. I've also collected some "name" knives over the years that really skew the average. They are safe queens, not users, so I hesitate to count them, but I will.

The two custom Johnny Stout gent's folders and custom tactical folder total a little over $4K, so you see where this is going. Two William Henry folders, two Chris Reeves knives, and a couple of Randall knives so old I don't even rember how much I paid for them. A handful of Bucks, Gerbers, Benchmades, CRKT, SAKs, and my new interest, Becker Knife & Tool blades.

I had to use a speadsheet, and do a lot of guessing, but I think I come up with an average of about $347.

When you have been collecting nice knives for 50+ years you'll be surprised where you end up, too. :)

According to my best calculations, on average I spend 10% more than I can afford.

Oh well. I didn't really want to retire anyway :foot:

I keep a list of mine as well and it is roughly $75. I thought it was more actually. It still adds up quick though.

My average probably around 20 dollars. Most of my knives I pick up at second hand shops...i just keep my eyes open.

I'm a bargain shopper, I avg less then $50 per folder. Fixed blades are around $75. I don't think I have the guts to spend $400 on a folder.

i averaged mine out (currently own and that i purchased, not gifts) and it was 360.... wow i have a problem

Yeah, so do I. :eek: I buy Hinderers, Randalls and CRK's, so my average is well north of $300. Probably around $400.

Back