What is the most Expensive EDC you really use?

My XM-18 has seen only light use so far. The most expensive knives I work are my ZT 0450 and 0900. Although they are bit big for my EDC, I love those $100 We knives as really nice users.

Southern Grind Spider Monkey with the solid copper handle scales, Benchmade 940-1, WE Knives 604 and 705 all $250+ and they get used. My BRKT Bravo 1 LT Elmax also $250+ is my hiking and camping knife. It gets used the hardest and is getting pretty scratched up.

I agree with the WE D2 budget knives. Wish they made smaller models.

KA Large Inkosi CF
Realy a pleasure to use.
It has good ergonomics and carry light for its size.
I link the CR grind for EDC tasks.

This right here.....but since it's discontinued I'm not really sure if I should continue using it.
aIlSZ79.jpg

Screenshot_20170718-131308.png

My Ohta whittler is in a G2 (Gary Graley) sheath on my belt everyday (~$700)

Screenshot_20170726-174600.png

Current work carry- XM-24 Wharnie ($600)

IMG_20170413_141543.jpg

Off Work carry- Large Classic MM Vallotton conversion ($who knows, unobtanium)

~Chip

I used my Sebenza quite often until I lost it (sad story), and I use my Microtechs, Bastinellis and ZTs on an almost daily basis.

My most expensive user is probably a custom fixed blade that I paid $800 for a few years ago and has proven to be a fantastic investment.

I carry a Bob Dozier slab sided titanium folder everyday. Coming up on a year of daily carry. I use it all the time so now when I drop it there's no pain.

Last edited:
The one on the bottom. It wasn't very sharp when I got it, so I started sharpening it on ceramic rods. It took a long time and a lot of stropping on leather to get it where I wanted it. I use it all the time and only stropped it to maintain it.

dnga3a.jpg

I own and operate a landscaping company, I carry and use my Emerson roadhouse everyday for work. Black serrated blade, desert tan handle. I think it ran me $240-245.

My victorinox pioneer x damasteel version. Being a limited edition the secondary market price came to 350$.

Was a Sebenza 25, but I recently got a Hinderer XM-18, so now they share pocket time. And yes, they get carried & actually used every day.

$500+ Sebenza, Custom JD Ellis Lanny's Clip, custom Bud Nealy Custom Alkuchi FB and a R Cover Sr. Drop Point Folder, all $300+ . That's not including any of the vintage over 100-200 year old folders including a custom from the mid 1800s.

Back