What is the most Expensive EDC you really use?

I use all my knives. My most expensive is the 940-1
mTntNAi.jpg

These two get the most use at work.
6ltvHBQ.jpg

None, my folders are all for emergency situations, my most expensive slipjoints are my Case 65 Pattern CV STOCKMAN or my Case Barlow they with the rest get to do what ever cutting needs to be done.

I carry a Bob Dozier slab sided titanium folder everyday. Coming up on a year of daily carry. I use it all the time so now when I drop it thee's no pain.
Me, too. At about $700, it's the most expensive knife I've ever owned.

P1070193_zpsymqwfthj.jpg

Very practical blade shape and grind

Bob%20Dozier%20Workhorse_zps2ad44c6e.jpg

For such a big/thick blade, it's a great cutter

P1070208_zpskfd1s5ff.jpg

I've also got it's smaller and much lighter little brother for times when it's a little too bulky or heavy to carry

P1070182_zpslhsngoqa.jpg

Lately, my Sebenza 25. Although I'll take my ZT 562 or Spyderco Native 5 instead if I think there's potential the knife might get dropped or otherwise damaged (aside from the blade edge, which sharpening can easily fix).

the most expensive I carry and use regularly ... would be either my Hinderer XM-18 or Sebenza 25 ... I carry a ZT 0909 or one of those 2

Southern Grind Spider Monkey with the solid copper handle scales, Benchmade 940-1, WE Knives 604 and 705 all $250+ and they get used. My BRKT Bravo 1 LT Elmax also $250+ is my hiking and camping knife. It gets used the hardest and is getting pretty scratched up.

I agree with the WE D2 budget knives. Wish they made smaller models.

I agree 100% about We needing to make smaller budget knives. I would buy a We with a 3" or 2.75" blade in a minute.

My Freeman 451 BLF is my most expensive and I've used it quite a lot. Although, I have to confess my Spyderco Urban in K390 has displaced most of my more expensive blades as a user.

My most expensive user is my plain-jane CRK large 21 Insingo. It's been my main EDC one-hander for nearly 2 years now. Although I am saving up for a large standard plain-jane Inkosi, which may end up giving my Insingo some competition.

Jim

I don't carry the old 1960s Case Folding Hunter my Grandfather gave me as it is dull and needs work but was given a value on it of ~$150 and would carry it when I get around to making it serviceable again. So until that time comes my Maserin 392/CN is my most expensive that I EDC. This really just reflects the limits I have been able to afford up to this point so as I am able to buy more knives and as the price ceiling raises for me so will the value/price of my EDCs.

I have a ~$1400 Yuna Knives Qi 3 on the way that I'll be carrying as a primary edc. I've edc'd a 2nd gen XM-18, which was $700 at the time, but who knows what they go for today. Also a custom Strider that was around $1100

Most expensive EDC knife I really use?

Victorinox SAK; the "really use" part is what forces me to say this. I carry other more expensive knives but they aren't used heavily. Any knife that I carry may get used, None are pocket jewelry.

Back