What is the smartest thing you have ever done with a Knife?

He said smartest... a hatchet is totally the wrong tool for the job.

You need a Phil Harvey Piecemaker. Then you could just use your knife itself as an oar!

15624148_174736106335018_1314199145774317568_n.jpg

Might be up a creek, but you've got a paddle!
I Own One And Absolutely Love It!!

Smartest thing?
Probably buying Busse knives in the past. They only go up in value, even if used, and they provided me with a pretty sizable amount of change when times got tough and I needed cash to keep afloat.
I got over twice what I paid for them new and I'd used 'em enough show a good amount of wear on the blade coating.

fending off muggers many times in the lovely public transportation system of my homeland when I was in college/high school cos I did not want to walk back home barefeet or without my jacket

My smartest knife episode:

While snowmobiling, the trail we were following was blocked by a fallen 12” tree. Just beyond it was a two mile wide hill of 14 inches of untracked powder.

Dozens of sleds that arrived at the tree before us had turned back. Apparently some of them were warning other riders that the trail was blocked.

I had my ESEE 6 in my pack. We chopped out a section of the tree so we could go through and hit the hill.

We had the entire slope to ourselves for a few hours. One of the best days ever.

I discovered I could make a successful career with one in my hands.

In my teenage days folks got a simple ink stamp on the entrance of festivals and parties. When me and my mates went out, I usually took a little ink soaked felt in a tin, and a potato. I had to see a stamp on someone that paid and came outside first, an then cut a roughly similar stamp shape in the potato with my knife. Once my potato stamp was ready, me and all my friends put the stamp on our wrists, and we all got in the party for free.
We gotten in to some very large festivals like that, until they started with the wristbands as payment proof.

Another vote for generally just carrying one. So many instances where a situation is remedied or made easier because of my edc blade.

Back