What is your dream KMG attachment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike,

Definitely put me down for one. :thumbup:

Shoot me an email if you like.

Dan

That's cool and I like your setup there. In my shop I have grinders that do that as well. Its a great time saver in making knives. Great posting and please visit my setup when you get time to do so. A+------------------:thumbup:

Truly a neat idea and I can appreciate all the thought you have put into this tool rest. Well done! You learn something every day - I had never heard of using a piece of round bar to rest a blade on while grinding. Is this how you do your blades? I'm wondering who else uses this method?

Truly a neat idea and I can appreciate all the thought you have put into this tool rest. Well done! You learn something every day - I had never heard of using a piece of round bar to rest a blade on while grinding. Is this how you do your blades? I'm wondering who else uses this method?

I dont do any flat grinding but I read somewhere that you can rock the blade for more control. ???:confused: I believe the way I saw it was to clamp a piece of half round on your tool rest.

If this isnt true I guess I'll have to find another use for that hole.:D

I am in the process of getting quotes from a local machine shop for the individual parts for the Arm. If you could let me know in this thread, who MIGHT be interested in purchasing one it would help me decide how many to have made. Of course you are under no obligation to actually buy one. This is just so I can get pricing on the parts. If it is cost effective I will get the parts made, assemble the Arms and ship them to who ever is interested.

Thanks everyone

in
also put me down as the first world wide distributer for the Michael FlexoRest KMG tool rest...(I took a little liberty there)

I think you need to make an adapter for other grinders, starting with Bader II's.

This is a really cool thing. Sometimes I think making tools to make knives is almost more fun then making the knives themselves (sick huh?). Now if I only had a milling machine, a surface grinder and a welding class I'd be on a roll.

I believe I had a dream about this thing the other night..............

Syn

In case you’re worried that the Arm will fail under heavy use…. Thats a little over 75 pounds on it and it didnt move at all.I could have put more on but my stand isnt bolted to the floor and it started to tip over.
w1.jpg

w2.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back