What is your "Icing on the cake" ?

+1 :thumbup: Such a rarity it definitely seems special when it happens!

Yes, Flush in Three is rare, usually the preserve of Customs. The only production knife I've had with it is the CASE Swayback, but I'm certain there are others. The thing about any 'icing' is the buzz it gives the owner of such a knife, immensely satisfying :cool::thumbup:

Really gnarly stag, both on vintage knives and new,

IMG_4508_zpsspvfawqj.jpg

IMG_4110_zpstziqadyo.jpg

IMG_3498_zpsisacsvxk.jpg

IMG_4167_zpsgdzauqz5.jpg

Not a fan of stag, however the icing on my cake is typically the wood grain.

Fun to read guys!
My idea of "icing on the cake" is nice stag and crisp (not buffed or rounded) swedges.
P1000405%201.jpg

Icing on the cake for me, too, would include better tip grinding, and also satin finishes. High Polish buffing is prettyour, not sure about the fingerprints. Also, I appreciate a clean, unetched blade.

Last edited:
I am really surprised to see so many people that enjoy a well done stag scale. I have to also agree with the flush springs, although I don't mind so much if it is not flush in the half-stop position.

Fun to read guys!
My idea of "icing on the cake" is nice stag and crisp (not buffed or rounded) swedges.
P1000405%201.jpg

Man Gary that knife is just plain ole purty!! It looks like it might need a touch up though and if you will send it to me I'll be glad to do it for you but I must warn you our Post Office's return shipping is backed up a few years. :D

I'm going to say a really nice shield. To have a sweet knife that's also topped off by a classy looking shield does it for me. I'm thinking of the recent GEC 92 Talons that sported the oak leaf...icing on the cake indeed!

Man Gary that knife is just plain ole purty!! It looks like it might need a touch up though and if you will send it to me I'll be glad to do it for you but I must warn you our Post Office's return shipping is backed up a few years. :D

Randy, I carefully considered your offer, for about a nanosecond! :D

I am really surprised to see so many people that enjoy a well done stag scale. I have to also agree with the flush springs, although I don't mind so much if it is not flush in the half-stop position.

Flush springs can be a little OCD for me. It doesn't prevent me from liking a knife, but it seems to jump out at me.

When it fits perfectly in my watch pocket.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My Icing On The Cake is Made in the USA, Pins are flush & no cracks in the handles. I've got a few knives where the delrin in cracked by one of the pins but it doesn't effect whether or not the knife will cut.

Sabercat, that's a good one. Years ago before the age of Smart Phones. My icing on the cake for a cell phone was that it fit in my watch pocket on my blue jeans. This was because it would not fall out when riding my Harley.

Fluted or threaded bolsters; seamless transition between materials; long pulls; crisp swage grind lines.

Fluted bolsters - check. Long pull - check. Tight back springs - check. Smooth rounded tangs - check. Gorgeous wood - check. Nearly perfectly book matched wood grain - ICING ON THE CAKE! My crummy camera and even crummier photography skills don't begin to show how beautifully matched the covers are on this 26 but they are spectacular.

Back