What Is Your Job?

I'm livin' my teenage dream. I manage a couple knife stores.

The pay may not be great, but the ladies.. Aren't great either.. Hm..

:rolleyes::eek:

Travis

Computer security, Registered Nurse in the past; as well as; Cabinetmaker in the distant past.

Retired from house painting, did that for the last 8 years, before that spent 20 years in the computer industry as a techie, sounds like the poster above, couldn't stand the corporate world so went to do something more fun.

For the last twenty eight years I have been a sculptor an a purveyor of ancient mega-fauna.

Stay-at-home dad; homework coach; Cubmaster for a pack of Cub Scouts.

Oh, and playground conflict mediator. :rolleyes:

thx - cpr

Work in Quality Control for Hyundai as a test track driver. I drive Sonotas and Santa Fes all day long. Have been a cabinetmaker, soldier, worked cutting giant scale model airplane kits.

I work as an engineering apprentice for a firm in the UK called Keymed, we're part of Olympus and we make cameras and endoscopes for industry and medicine as well as pumps and scanners

I'm hoping to focus on materials engineering after i've finished my open universtiy degree.

Retired

Former Stationary engineer and building maintenance worker.

My career is a commercial fisherman...my job right now is a deckhand on a river tug. It is a good job for a knife guy. Once my license is upgraded I will be training to run them. Unless I can get back east and get a boat ;)

pete

Firefighter.

What - the same shingles? ;)

Currently, I'm a 'screw', which in this economic climate is really good - a steady government job in a fast-growth industry. :thumbup:

Haha. No, not the same ones. The new ones come wrapped up in 90lb bundles that I get to hike all over. I need a new job. :(

Some of you have some really cool and interesting jobs! Those photos are awesome, Mike! Looks like you're good at what you do. I can't wait for the day when I get paid for doing something that I like to do.

I'm going on my second year as a Deputy Sheriff at the local jail.

How long do you guys have to work the jail before you can hit the streets? I was lucky in that our jail is staffed by Corrections Officers. Deputies only work patrol, investigations and court security. I know a lot of places do it like you guys. It seems like the avergae is about 3-4 years of the jail before FTO.

Recently laid off IT guy after 9 yrs in the field. Currently working at Home Depot and doing side computer jobs. Hoping/praying to get back into the IT/computer filed somehow. I miss playing wit ma puters.

Also comtemplating on going back to school for a MS.

Back