What is your rarest Spyderco??

My rarest ones would be some of the more recent sprints or exclusives. Nothing too rare. Green PM2, CRUWEAR Mili, Burgundy Meerkat.

Just snagged this drop point D'allara. Been looking for one for a while, not sure how many were made but certainly most of these had the rescue style blade.

img_0520.jpg

I like that. Looks like my kind of spydie. Would love to get my hands on one of those.

2 ~ Kris W/Master Engraving
2 - Persians W/Master Engravings
Calypso Jr.
World Trade Center D'Allara W/Box
2 - Ocelots
a Black & a Burgundy Meercat
16 - Kopa's
JB Blue Delica
Delica ZDP189 ( I carry it 100% of the time)
2 - R's
3 - Vieles
ect, ~ ect. and the list could go on but I am tired.! Got to get up at 4:00am to go fishing.
Good night.

I have an original concept prototype for the original introvert that isn't going into production, and I'm about to trade for the original prototype of the Bradley Air. I think those are my rarest.

Nothing really rare as I'm new to collecting, but I did find a Superhawk that I really love. I've just been too slow to catch the elusive ATR.

This Sprint Run Endura 4 in Red Bone, Gold Plated Titanium Bolsters and Damascus Blade...

Manix 2 CTS-XHP. Will soon be receive a forum Native 5 s110v

C01 Worker, first Spyderco knife sold although mine is second generation, my second was the C02 Copilot, bought for my first overseas flight from the Sky Mall catalog on the plane and my Terzuola/Spyderco collaboration, the first Spyderco collaboration and finally my mini titanium Police necklace.

These are all discontinued and were Spyderco firsts.

3 Kopas
3 Kiwis
Black PE Native
SS PE Native II
White Dragonfly
White Delica
SS ATR
2004 PE "MILITARY"
Jess Horns
Caly Jr.s
And this Manix was, at one point in time my most prized
tumblr_m70yj32ZQt1rsbaybo10_1280.jpg

these are not so much RARE, but I like them because I don't see them very often at all on the forums
tumblr_mj4bawFXz21rsbaybo2_1280.jpg

Last edited:
I don't really have any that are very rare.
Have some Sprint Para 2's and Military's, and an old Endura from the early 90's, but I don't think any of those are very rare.

I also have a 440V Starmate, but I'm not sure if it's considered rare either ???

If the rock lobster had looked like that, I'd have jumped all over it. Why, oh why, does spyderco insist on depriving us of sculpted scales [fondles PPT and rocks back and forth]?!

If the rock lobster had looked like that, I'd have jumped all over it. Why, oh why, does spyderco insist on depriving us of sculpted scales [fondles PPT and rocks back and forth]?!

Don't forget the Zulu also.

Hard call. This black PE slab sided Mariner isn't anything much to look at but it represents one of Spyderco's earliest experiments with coated blades and, according to Sal, there were only "a handful" of them made in PE.

black_mariner_composite.JPG

This red bone Kiwi probably wouldn't get too many second looks either, but only about a dozen were made like this. The regular production version used glued, rather than pinned, scales and the lockbar pivot was not visible.

smooth_red_bone_pinned.jpg

Then there's this jewel, prototype for a version of the Stretch which, unfortunately, was never produced, and definitely my most cherished knife.

bolstered_stretch_04.jpg
Very cool! I spend hours admiring the thought process and design in Sal's knives .

I just love the shape of the blade, I picked one up knowing I would get some custom scales, I got a sweet set from @keyman but my decision to use kirinite although cool looking it is fairly smooth, I slipped a couple of times so I got these with a bit more texture. If someone is looking for a kirinite set shoot me a pm, for the cost of shipping there yours, I'd hate to have them sit in a box as they are the coolest looking scales I've seen.

image_zpsd68a9edc.jpg

Back