What kind of folder do you carry?

iKbLzjG.jpg

ljdIMNj.jpg

runnin low on pockets lol

Justin, I had a couple of Bob's copper folders when I first saw the one above you are commenting on. I had to ask if it was bronze. And it isn't. Bob had run out of copper from his supplier and decided to try something new, and this was the result. It is the only brass that I've purchased or owned in the last 20 years at minimum. And there has been very little color change in about 2 years. The spot centers are a hair darker, but I can keep them at bay, leaving me with this incredible brass piece. I still tell EVERYONE - Do not buy any knife with brass, lol, but this is a gem anyway.

It only hurt when he told me he had just raised the price of this model by $500, LOL.

Justin, I had a couple of Bob's copper folders when I first saw the one above you are commenting on. I had to ask if it was bronze. And it isn't. Bob had run out of copper from his supplier and decided to try something new, and this was the result. It is the only brass that I've purchased or owned in the last 20 years at minimum. And there has been very little color change in about 2 years. The spot centers are a hair darker, but I can keep them at bay, leaving me with this incredible brass piece. I still tell EVERYONE - Do not buy any knife with brass, lol, but this is a gem anyway.

It only hurt when he told me he had just raised the price of this model by $500, LOL.

I’m so confused lol. Is this one brass or copper?! Hahaha.

I’m so confused lol. Is this one brass or copper?! Hahaha.

You referred to it as bronze. That's what I thought it was when I first saw it but had not purchased it yet. When I learned it was brass, I was taken aback, but still just had to get it. Hope that is a shorter and more succinct explanation, lol. The other two I have of Bob's are copper.

It probably would help if I mentioned they are by Bob Ohlemann of Rangermade Knives.

Brass yes of course. I’m continuously confusing the copper alloys with aftermarket/patina treatments. There is so much to the chemistry of the various alloys, even in copper alone and the way they patina I have a hard time telling which which is which, unless phosphor bronze which looks like copper but has kinda a distinctive patina like one would expect to see on the washers and bushings in a folder.

Just got this one in today. I've never been a slip-joint type of knife person but there's so much of these (LionSteel - Collector Knives collaborative traditional folders) being touted around the Forums that I finally succumbed and bought the Shuffler (the name of this clip-point version) with white CF handle scales (the black CF was my preference, but already sold out).

Anyhoo! I can see as to why these can become addictive with all the different blade shape, different phases and different handle scales. I was worried about the QC from an Italian maker but over all I'm happy with this modern take of a traditional folder coming in M390 steel. F&F seems to be very good but the blade is ever so slightly off center if looked at very carefully by a 10 x loop. I know that Grog is also getting one of these coming his way but anyone else on here? Lastly, this is my first knife purchased in 2018, if you can even call this little mouse a knife :D

Jc79vPO.jpg

sAtBVWd.jpg

kQdOvah.jpg

Just got this one in today. I've never been a slip-joint type of knife person but there's so much of these (LionSteel - Collector Knives collaborative traditional folders) being touted around the Forums that I finally succumbed and bought the Shuffler (the name of this clip-point version) with white CF handle scales (the black CF was my preference, but already sold out).

Anyhoo! I can see as to why these can become addictive with all the different blade shape, different phases and different handle scales. I was worried about the QC from an Italian maker but over all I'm happy with this modern take of a traditional folder coming in M390 steel. F&F seems to be very good but the blade is ever so slightly off center if looked at very carefully by a 10 x loop. I know that Grog is also getting one of these coming his way but anyone else on here? Lastly, this is my first knife purchased in 2018, if you can even call this little mouse a knife :D

Jc79vPO.jpg

sAtBVWd.jpg

kQdOvah.jpg

Yeeeep! Early adopter here; 1st run of the Roundhead (spear point blade). I love this thing, but I like traditional slip joints anyways. I carry this ~3days/wk.

YnrvdsW.jpg

Yeeeep! Early adopter here; 1st run of the Roundhead (spear point blade). I love this thing, but I like traditional slip joints anyways. I carry this ~3days/wk.

YnrvdsW.jpg

I see a whole host of these CK exclusives in all forms of blade shapes in your future, if not already! :p

I went with the black leather pouch to contrast my white CF scales but the black pouch does not have the fancy stress marks as does your brown leather pouch. The black pouch look bland and uninspiring :(

Back