What kind of folder do you carry?

Carrying this Para3 today

25506839317_20913d7f34_k_d.jpg

I see a whole host of these CK exclusives in all forms of blade shapes in your future, if not already! :p

I went with the black leather pouch to contrast my white CF scales but the black pouch does not have the fancy stress marks as does your brown leather pouch. The black pouch look bland and uninspiring :(

I don't know CS, I like the black slip too...
mhTpxRz.jpg

I don't know CS, I like the black slip too...
mhTpxRz.jpg

Maybe with more use mine will also develop stress marks which gives leather character. Although the red stitching makes that pouch of your stand out if that is also from CK?

Just got this one in today. I've never been a slip-joint type of knife person but there's so much of these (LionSteel - Collector Knives collaborative traditional folders) being touted around the Forums that I finally succumbed and bought the Shuffler (the name of this clip-point version) with white CF handle scales (the black CF was my preference, but already sold out).

Anyhoo! I can see as to why these can become addictive with all the different blade shape, different phases and different handle scales. I was worried about the QC from an Italian maker but over all I'm happy with this modern take of a traditional folder coming in M390 steel. F&F seems to be very good but the blade is ever so slightly off center if looked at very carefully by a 10 x loop. I know that Grog is also getting one of these coming his way but anyone else on here? Lastly, this is my first knife purchased in 2018, if you can even call this little mouse a knife :D

Jc79vPO.jpg

sAtBVWd.jpg

kQdOvah.jpg

IMG_20180223_28874.jpg
First run roundhead in palo santos wood
IMG_20180223_924.jpg
Bocote shuffler clipoint with the santos spearpoint

I'm carrying my dark rams horn shuffler today but no pic handy yet. Looking forward to the dom (sheepsfoot) version of these next.

A great modern take on a traditional barlow. Very well made for the price point.

I see a whole host of these CK exclusives in all forms of blade shapes in your future, if not already! :p

I went with the black leather pouch to contrast my white CF scales but the black pouch does not have the fancy stress marks as does your brown leather pouch. The black pouch look bland and uninspiring :(

The brown pouches with texture were given out along with the very first run of Roundhead Euro Barlows (the spear point blades in these pictures) They were in limited supply and were included on a first come first serve basis. It was a real nice surprise considering the quality of the pouch.

Those Lionsteel roundheads have been tempting me for awhile. So much so that I have been spending more time over in the Traditionals sub forum. So far I have learned there is a whole world of slipjoints out there which are a completely new language, and I could fall headlong into them if not careful!

This is far and away the nicest folder I have ever owned. It’s a sole authorship, so the silver core San Mai blade and the layered titanium scales are all forged by Collin at Radknives. The fit, finish, and action are all out of this world. Admittedly, I don’t beat on this knife, but I have plenty of other knives for that.

Those Lionsteel roundheads have been tempting me for awhile. So much so that I have been spending more time over in the Traditionals sub forum. So far I have learned there is a whole world of slipjoints out there which are a completely new language, and I could fall headlong into them if not careful!

I don't understand any of their jargon, it's a whole new world over there. I got on the notify list for a Roundhead and really want one of the Doms. The ram's horn is just magnificent. Should have a bocote Shuffler tomorrow.

My EDC has been a small Sebenza Classic MM since 2000 or 2001. (I can't remember)

Last edited:
Jake, no wonder that you've been kinda absent and quiet recently. Seems your taste buds have moved into midtech and customized folders :)

Back